This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tinypilot stb course change problem
Again to make it clear when I press +1 on any interface it shows the desired heading but constantly giving rudder to port. The button settings seem to be ok. I discovered the fault when sailing last week and now I am reproducing the fault in harbor with the boat not moving. The fault does not appear with the old version, same configuration same hardware.
When you press +1 and the pilot is enabled, it does not always immediately move the rudder. It just increments the heading command. So it should increase the heading command by 1 each button press. Eventually it would start making corrections.

So if you press the +1 button 10 times, it should have the same effect as the +10 button one time. You said the +10 button works correctly, so is it true that pressing +1 10 times also works correctly?

Maybe you have a large gyro bias or, the boat is not leveled? Can you check the pitch and roll readings on the alignment? Maybe there is a high gyro bias which could take some time to settle.
According to your advice I tried pressing the +1 button more than 10 times and really it is working in the right direction. Afterwards pressing it 7 times it immediately goes to port. The boat is level and with the previous version of tinypilot I do not have that problem. Both versions are steering the boat well even the last version has more features. So for me at the moment I can live with it and we can sail to Sweden next weekend for summer holiday.
Hello I discovered a similar problem. Tinypilot img 2024_06_09 and pypilot plugin (0.40.33.0) OpenCPN the control keys are exactly the other way around than in the web interface, course and command are swapped.
(2024-07-15, 09:01 PM)ostwind Wrote: Hello I discovered a similar problem. Tinypilot img 2024_06_09 and pypilot plugin (0.40.33.0) OpenCPN the control keys are exactly the other way around than in the web interface, course and command are swapped.

Some keys were swapped from previous versions.    The keys on the right side of the screen should always turn the boat to the right (starboard) in all modes both enabled and manual control for all interfaces.   So it was the case that in the web control a previous version was backwards in certain cases.

If you find an example where the button on the right side goes to port, or the left side goes to starboard, take note of the control interface, if the pilot is enabled (or manual mode) and the mode (compass wind etc)  and let me know.   This should have been correct for a long time now, but a change last year switched one case and I believe it is fixed now.

(2024-07-15, 08:14 PM)kalle Wrote: According to your advice I tried pressing the +1 button more than 10 times and really it is working in the right direction. Afterwards pressing it 7 times it immediately goes to port. The boat is level and with the previous version of tinypilot I do not have that problem.  Both versions are steering the boat well even the last version has more features. So for me at the moment I can live with it and we can sail to Sweden next weekend for summer holiday.

It seems like you might still desire a different functionality.   I am still unsure but I would suggest you try to open the gain control in either opencpn pypilot plugin, or the "pypilot_control" script.   The gains are animated to show how each one affects the rudder command.    From here you could likely determine which gain is contributing to the resulting command, and hopefully determine better what is happening and why the behavior you see exists.   You should be able to use these tools on the previous version as well to compare the difference.

If a previous version of pypilot has a better behavior it should be noted, identified and determined the root cause.   If I can identify it, and produce it, I will improve pypilot.   Right now I am unsure (sorry) but a short video could potentially help explain it.

Please enjoy your trip and I suggest taking 2 sd cards so you can quickly change versions if you need to.   I have been sailing with the latest version on my boat and not experienced anything like what you describe.
For it seems that I am the only one who has this unique problem it could be depend on my system. During holiday I will set up a complete new system. Perhaps there is something persistent anywhere in the background. I will keep you informed.
Great. I am aware of what you describe but not really sure how to proceed without more details. Essentially I would have to reproduce the bad behavior and I am not sure I can.

[attachment=2979]
(2024-07-16, 03:08 PM)Abonnieren Wrote:
(2024-07-15, 09:01 PM)Ostwind Wrote: Hallo habe ein ähnliches Problem. Tinypilot img 2024_06_09 und pypilot-Plugin (0.40.33.0) OpenCPN, die Steuerungstasten sind genau andersherum als im Webinterface, Kurs und Befehl sind vertauscht. 

Einige Tasten wurden gegenüber früheren Versionen vertauscht. Die Tasten auf der rechten Seite des Bildschirms sollten den Boot-Modus in allen Modi aktivieren und manuell steuern und für alle Schnittstellen immer nach rechts (Steuerbord) drehen. Es war also so, dass die Websteuerung einer früheren Version in bestimmten Fällen rückwärts war.
Wenn Sie ein Beispiel finden, gehen Sie mit der Taste auf die rechte Seite zum Backbord oder auf die linke Seite zum Bedienfeld. Notieren Sie sich die Steuerschnittstelle, ob der Pilot aktiviert ist (oder manueller Modus) und den Modus (Kompasswind usw.) und lassen Sie sich wissen, es mich. Dies sollte schon seit langem richtig sein, aber eine Änderung im letzten Jahr hat einen Fall ausgetauscht und ich glaube, es ist jetzt behoben.

(2024-07-15, 08:14 PM)kalle Wrote: Laut Ihrem Rat habe ich versucht, die Taste +1 mehr als 10 Mal zu drücken, und es funktioniert tatsächlich in die richtige Richtung. Nachdem ich sie 7 Mal gedrückt habe, geht es sofort nach Backbord. Der Bootvorgang ist waagerecht ausgerichtet, und mit der vorherigen Version von Tinypilot habe ich dieses Problem nicht. Beide Versionen steuern den Boot gut, sogar die letzte Version hat mehr Funktionen. Für mich kann ich im Moment also damit leben, und wir können nächstes Wochenende in den Sommerurlaub nach Schweden segeln.

Es scheint, als ob Sie sich noch eine andere Funktionalität wünschen. Ich bin mir noch nicht sicher, aber ich würde vorschlagen, dass Sie versuchen, die Verstärkungssteuerung entweder im OpenCPN-Pypilot-Plugin oder im Skript „pypilot_control“ zu öffnen. Die Verstärkungen werden animiert, um zu zeigen, wie sich jede einzelne auf den Ruderbefehl auswirkt. Von hier aus können Sie mühelos erleben, welche Verstärkung zum resultierenden Befehl beiträgt, und mühelos bestimmen, was passiert und warum das von Ihnen erlebte Verhalten auftritt. Sie sollten diese Tools auch auf der vorherigen Version verwenden können, um die Unterschiede zu vergleichen.
Wenn eine vorherige Version von Pypilot ein besseres Verhalten aufweist, sollte dies notiert, identifiziert und die Grundursache ermittelt werden. Wenn ich es identifizieren und produzieren kann, werde ich Pypilot verbessern. Im Moment bin ich mir nicht sicher (tut mir leid), aber ein kurzes Video könnte möglicherweise helfen, es zu erklären.
Genießen Sie Ihre Reise und ich schlug vor, 2 SD-Karten mitzunehmen, damit Sie bei Bedarf schnell die Version wechseln können. Ich bin mit der neuesten Version auf meinem Boot gesegelt und habe nichts erlebt, wie Sie es beschreiben.
Hallo, ich habe ein Foto hochgeladen. Wenn ich im OpenCPN-Plugin die rechte Taste drücke, fährt das Boot nach Steuerbord, wenn ich im Webinterface die rechte Taste drücke, fährt es nach Backbord.
I had reversed the direction in the web interface last year by mistake and fixed it last month. This would make the direction opposite for both port and starboard which is different than what is described.

Which version of pypilot are you using? Which image?
Ostwind: normalerweise wird in diesem Forum Englisch gesprochen.
Normally in this forum we are speaking English.
Wie Jean geschrieben hat gab es Versionen mit vertauschten Tasten.
As Jean has written there have been versions with exchanged buttons.
Versuch bitte die die aktuelle irgendwo oben genannte Version.
Please try the latest anywhere above mentioned version.