This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial device not added correctly
I agree, I think serial is the way to go.

If a user has multiple identical (noncompliant) devices with no serial number, then "Remember device" won't work. But they still have the option of "Remember port" instead.
(2023-06-29, 11:38 AM)TVR Wrote:
(2023-06-29, 11:27 AM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: What chipset does the teensy use? (idVendor/idProduct)

Code:
    ATTRS{manufacturer}=="Teensyduino"
    ATTRS{idProduct}=="0483"
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0"

Thanks
(2023-06-29, 11:41 AM)Sailoog Wrote: If no more arguments are exposed I will go back to serial this afternoon.

If you're updating the code, then I've just noticed a minor spelling mistake in the UI. It says "Remember port (positon on the USB-hub)". Positon should be spelt Position.

Thanks for all the updates!
ops, thanks.
(2023-06-29, 11:46 AM)TVR Wrote:
(2023-06-29, 11:41 AM)Sailoog Wrote: If no more arguments are exposed I will go back to serial this afternoon.

If you're updating the code, then I've just noticed a minor spelling mistake in the UI. It says "Remember port (positon on the USB-hub)". Positon should be spelt Position.

Thanks for all the updates!

That's a good spot! I've looked at that page hundreds of times too and never noticed.
TVR, baltika_no_9

Please, could you install this beta package (3.2.12-stable) and test with your serial devices with and without serial attribute?

I do not have any device with serial attribute and I can not publish the update without testing.

https://cloudsmith.io/~openplotter/repos.../packages/

You will see that I have added a new feature "Details" to check all device attributes because having only vendor and product ids and serial, it is difficult to identify what device are you modifying.

Thanks!
I've tried adding three of my USB serial cables, all with serial numbers and all seems to work as expected. Symlinks are created and I can add them to Signal K - all showing as connected. I've also tried a device with no serial (u-blox) and that's good too. The Details button shows all the info.

Remember Device or Remember port both work on any device.

Anything specific you'd like to try?
Perfect, please could you send me the output of the "Details" window for one of them with serial attribute?
(2023-06-29, 02:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Perfect, please could you send me the output of the "Details" window for one of them with serial attribute?

Code:
CURRENT_TAGS: :systemd:
DEVLINKS: /dev/ttyOP_x2 /dev/serial/by-path/platform-3f980000.usb-usb-0:1.3:1.0-port0 /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_A904NAOG-if00-port0
DEVNAME: /dev/ttyUSB1
DEVPATH: /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/ttyUSB1/tty/ttyUSB1
ID_BUS: usb
ID_MM_CANDIDATE: 1
ID_MODEL: FT232R_USB_UART
ID_MODEL_ENC: FT232R\x20USB\x20UART
ID_MODEL_ID: 6001
ID_PATH: platform-3f980000.usb-usb-0:1.3:1.0
ID_PATH_TAG: platform-3f980000_usb-usb-0_1_3_1_0
ID_REVISION: 0600
ID_SERIAL: FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_A904NAOG
ID_SERIAL_SHORT: A904NAOG
ID_TYPE: generic
ID_USB_DRIVER: ftdi_sio
ID_USB_INTERFACES: :ffffff:
ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM: 00
ID_VENDOR: FTDI
ID_VENDOR_ENC: FTDI
ID_VENDOR_ID: 0403
MAJOR: 188
MINOR: 1
SUBSYSTEM: tty
TAGS: :systemd:
USEC_INITIALIZED: 18956265
Perfect thanks!

I needed to confirm that ID_SERIAL_SHORT is the right tag for serial because you can also find the serial in ID_USB_SERIAL_SHORT. It should work on both cases.

If TVR test is successful I will publish the update ASAP.