This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PyPilot doesn't work after upgrade
(2019-11-10, 10:16 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Probably no problem with the cpc5001. Can you boot older openplotter, or try the tinypilot image  to test?   This will tell you if the problem is hardware or not.

With Tinypilot (tinypilot_28062019.img), in SSH, pypilot_calibration return :

Quote:Detected MPU9250/MPU9255 at standard address
Using fusion algorithm Kalman STATE4
IMU Name: MPU-925x
min/max compass calibration not in use
Using ellipsoid compass calibration
Using accel calibration
MPU-925x init complete
signalk_server: bind failed, try again.2 heading 217.736664713 
failed to read IMU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!37448792 heading 217.826206458 
Using settings file RTIMULib.ini

Pypilot_calibation returns :

Quote:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pypilot_calibration", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('pypilot==0.9', 'console_scripts', 'pypilot_calibration')()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 561, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2631, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2291, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2297, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ui/autopilot_calibration.py", line 11, in <module>
    import wx, wx.glcanvas
ImportError: No module named wx

and pypilot_control

Quote:  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ui/autopilot_control.py", line 10, in <module>
    import wx, sys, subprocess, socket, os, time
ImportError: No module named wx

pypilot_ servo returns :

Quote:Servo Server
loading servo calibration /home/tc/.pypilot/servocalibration
WARNING: using default servo calibration!!
failed to open servo on: (u'/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) [Errno 16] could not open port /dev/ttyAMA0: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy: '/dev/ttyAMA0'
signalk_server: bind failed, try again.
connected to gpsd
signalk_server: bind failed, try again.
nmea ready for connections
nmea_bridge: bind failed

I might trie to reset and reload the Aduino Nano program ? I connected it in USB but can't understand what is writen in serial monitor betwen 300 and 9600 baud, after serial com is loosen.

Thank's,

Robin
you seem to be running pypilot when it is already running
(2019-11-13, 02:20 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: you seem to be running pypilot when it is already running

I followed instructions of https://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting

IMU works properly but seem pypilot not :

Quote:tc@box:~$ pypilot
loading servo calibration /home/tc/.pypilot/servocalibration
WARNING: using default servo calibration!!
warning, failed to make calibration process idle, trying renice
Settings file RTIMULib.ini loaded
Using settings file RTIMULib.ini
Detected MPU9250/MPU9255 at standard address
connected to gpsd
Using fusion algorithm Kalman STATE4
IMU Name: MPU-925x
min/max compass calibration not in use
Using ellipsoid compass calibration
Using accel calibration
warning: failed to open special file /dev/watchdog0 for writing
         cannot stroke the watchdog
failed to open servo on: (u'/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) [Errno 16] could not open port /dev/ttyAMA0: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy: '/dev/ttyAMA0'
MPU-925x init complete
device /dev/ttyAMA0
servo is running too _slowly_ 0.219509124756
nmea ready for connections
listening on port 20220 for nmea connections
servo timeout 4.0048160553
servo lost connection
servo timeout 4.00117087364
servo lost connection
device /dev/ttyAMA0
are you on tinycore then? I think the troubleshooting doesn't assume this. You might need to issues:

$ sudo sv d pypilot

ensure pypilot isn't running:
$ ps aux | grep python
$ ps aux | grep pypilot

You could try running pypilot or pypilot_servo at this point.

The other way is just put a fresh tinypilot image on sd card. It will work if the connections are right and the motor controller is ok.
(2019-11-14, 03:41 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: The other way is just put a fresh tinypilot image on sd card.   It will work if the connections are right and the motor controller is ok.

Hi Sean,

Where can I find (download) a fresh (new full) tinypilot image for SD card? for PI Zero+W.

See also my post in "installing tinypilot" thread where I explain the issues I run into building an tinycore image from scratch.

Thanks,
Menno.
I'm about to be trying all this out on a Pi Zero W. Is there an up-to-date set of instructions for getting it installed? I'm a software engineer and I run Linux and know Python, but I have no experience with the Raspberry Pi.
(2019-11-14, 03:41 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: are you on tinycore then?  I think the troubleshooting doesn't assume this.   You might need to issues:

The other way is just put a fresh tinypilot image on sd card.   It will work if the connections are right and the motor controller is ok.

I use tinypilot_28062019.img.xz, I've just installed on a new SD card

Quote:$ sudo sv d pypilot

ensure pypilot isn't running:
$ ps aux | grep python
$ ps aux | grep pypilot

You could try running pypilot or pypilot_servo at this point.

It give me the same results...

I've an 1 year old card (ordered in december 2018).

Does upgrading Arduino Nano can resolve problem ?

I've also connected the arduino directly to Pi GPIO (3,3V, grnd, RX Nano -> Tx RPi, Tx Nano-> Rx Nano)... Arduino seem to react (Rx-Tx leb blinding), but no responce from pypilot
(2019-11-14, 12:38 PM)DjelaliTricks Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 03:41 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: are you on tinycore then?  I think the troubleshooting doesn't assume this.   You might need to issues:

The other way is just put a fresh tinypilot image on sd card.   It will work if the connections are right and the motor controller is ok.

There is a newer image but that is probably not the problem. 
The log you posted before inidcated that pypilot was already running, so of course /dev/ttyAMA0 was busy and not available.

Try booting the tinypilot, and let us see /var/log/pypilot/current.   Don't run pypilot manually since it automatically is started at boot.
If the servo is not detected on /dev/ttyAMA0 (make sure motor controller is powered)  then try disconnecting power to the motor controller and try with a usb cable.   If this works, then you know the controller works but communication is bad.   Otherwise likely the controller has a problem.
(2019-11-14, 05:04 PM)seandepagnier Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 12:38 PM)DjelaliTricks Wrote:

There is a newer image but that is probably not the problem. 

Hi Sean,
Thank you for the updates,
I can find 2 images on your pypilot.org
Tinypilot image
Previous tinypilot_20042019.img.xz
Current tinypilot_28062019.img.xz
Where can I download the "newer image" /newest as you mention "28062019.img.xz," is not the last available.
I like to start with your latest code.
Thanks,
Menno.
Sorry, I didn't fix the link.

There is one here:
http://pypilot.org/images/