This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindle Paperwhite as KIP Cockpit Display
(2019-11-30, 07:33 PM)Saqqara Wrote:
(2019-11-30, 07:03 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Does not work here on my paperwhite. I only get list of dictonaries.

Bram

It won't appear to do anything, it will just no longer display the screen saver.

Home, search bar: ~ds  and then tap the arrow to submit.

Please note that is a tilde and not a dash in front of the letters ds the forum seems to be changing it.

Thanks for the instructions. It give no indication what is the result of the setting. But it works !

Thanks for your replies,

Bram
The Kindle webapp is now available as @digitalyacht/sk-on-kindle in the App Store, so should be much easier to install and get up and running. Please try it out and report back, the good as well as the possibly bad.

Would somebody care to write a short blog entry about this for the signalk.org site? Grab a few pictures, tell why you like it, that sort of thing. Doesn't have to be written as your livelyhood depended on it...

Alternatively post something on Facebook that Signal K account can share.

Sharing details about your setup here would also be cool.

Coding is not the only way to contribute back to the community.
(2019-12-01, 02:53 PM)tkurki Wrote: The Kindle webapp is now available as @digitalyacht/sk-on-kindle in the App Store, so should be much easier to install and get up and running. Please try it out and report back, the good as well as the possibly bad.

Would somebody care to write a short blog entry about this for the signalk.org site? Grab a few pictures, tell why you like it, that sort of thing. Doesn't have to be written as your livelyhood depended on it...

Alternatively post something on Facebook that Signal K account can share.

Sharing details about your setup here would also be cool.

Coding is not the only way to contribute back to the community.
Dear Mr tkurki,

How great you posted the app in the App Store!

Got it installed on SignalK. I can go to the settings and index page (on the browser on the Pi)
But when I connect my Kindle to the open plotter WiFi, and go to the index.html address (with the kindle browser) ... it does not work. 
Could you give some more clues where I go wrong?
Best,
Bart
It does not load at all or it does not show any data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2019-12-01, 10:11 PM)tkurki Wrote: It does not load at all or it does not show any data?

No load ... But I'm also unsure now about the url on the Kindle ...
Which one should I use?
Bart
(2019-12-01, 10:17 PM)BartStevens Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 10:11 PM)tkurki Wrote: It does not load at all or it does not show any data?

No load ... But I'm also unsure now about the url on the Kindle ...
Which one should I use?
Bart
Was so curious, but I Have no Kindle, so I had to test it ;-) It works with an ordinary Mac/iPad. The URL is http://YourHost/@digitalyacht/sk-on-kindle/ I think the easiest way is to go via SK GUI=>Appstore and then click on the "@digitalyacht/sk-on-kindle" box. If that works with a Kindle ?  But I suspect that the speed value its to high. It don't matches the value in "Instrumentpanel" ?

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
I can load the App:
Server must be restarted first.
http://10.10.10.8:3000/@digitalyacht/sk-on-kindle/

The configuration Gear button is there, I can click it and change the screen config.
But no data is displayed.

Tried on a few different browsers: Safari, Chrome, KOBO browser.
Also tried it on the SK Rpi locally using Chromium.

The Rpi that the server is on has wind data, and other Apps can display it.

Is there further config required ?

looking forward to trying this on my KOBO H2O.

Thanks for your efforts.
10.10.10.8:3000
264index.html:390 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'belowKeel' of undefined
at getPriorities (index.html:390)
at XMLHttpRequest.xhttp.onreadystatechange (index.html:110)
getPriorities @ index.html:390
xhttp.onreadystatechange @ index.html:110
XMLHttpRequest.send (async)
(anonymous) @ index.html:105
setInterval (async)
startRequestDataServer @ index.html:82
(anonymous) @ index.html:879
My server address for the Raspberry Pi is 10.10.10.1.

I used the index5.HTML published at the beginning of this tread. Saw the Settings5.html appearing but not the Index5.html data. Looking at the index5.html I saw the version used the SignalK demo server.

With the network connected I got the Kindle screen working. But not the data from my Pi GPS mouse. After changing the server connection to 10.10.10.1 etc it now works with the data from my Pi.

Perhaps is this same problem with your setup. Look at the script file with the server addres.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-12-02, 05:38 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: My server address for the Raspberry Pi is 10.10.10.1.

I used the index5.HTML published at the beginning of this tread. Saw the Settings5.html appearing but not the Index5.html data. Looking at the index5.html I saw the version used the SignalK demo server.

With the network connected I got the Kindle screen working. But not the data from my Pi GPS mouse. After changing the server connection to 10.10.10.1 etc it now works with the data from my Pi.

Perhaps is this same problem with your setup. Look at the script file with the server addres.

Regards,

Bram
Bram,

Did you see the kindle app now available in the app store of the SignalK (server)/app on the raspi?

Bart