This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
Hi,

If I install the OP2 beta with Moitessier HAT pre-release for testing, will the beta be converted to the full release or will I have to re-install when the full release is available? I want to install now over the winter and get familiar with it and hopefully, it'll be production ready by the spring? I won't need to wipe and re-install again?

Any advice appreciated.

Craig
(2019-12-19, 04:33 PM)craig Wrote: Hi,

If I install the OP2 beta with Moitessier HAT pre-release for testing, will the beta be converted to the full release or will I have to re-install when the full release is available? I want to install now over the winter and get familiar with it and hopefully, it'll be production ready by the spring? I won't need to wipe and re-install again?

Any advice appreciated.

Craig

Moitessier HAT is not working yet on OpenPlotter 2. You can see the apps but openplotter-moiessier and openplotter-pypilot apps need work. We will publish the official and stable openplotter 2 version after these apps are ready so I recommend you to play with OpenPlotter 2 beta and help us with development and then you will have a dedicated and out of the box image "OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT" no settings required.
FWIW : had moitessier hat working on the Rpi3B+ and op2beta but after last update yesterday my system hangs. As I work headless I had to connect a screen to see that my system now hangs with "load_driver_moitessier.service".

Dont know how to resolve this issue now, so will wait for new image and start once more from scratch again.
(2019-09-14, 06:33 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

Testing (NOT FOR PRODUCTION)

Option A: download an OpenPlotter pre-release img or NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

OpenPlotter Starting

2019-12-16-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-12-16-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

Need help! My SD card with 1.2 crashed yesterday, so i decided to prepare for what's coming and move to 2.0. Formated the card, unpacked the Noobs to my SD and popped it into my RPI. Then nothing. absolutely nothing. The red LED on the RPi 3+ lights up but not the green. Errorchecked the Pi and the sd card by uploading an instance of hassio - flawless boot. Re-format -> OP2.0Noobs unpacked = still notthing. Any advice here?
you need to open the noobs file the and copy those files to the card.
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...ight=noobs

https://www.raspberrypi.org/help/noobs-setup/2/
https://youtu.be/fe9A6AYXIx0?t=132
or the card might be bad
burning the img is easier
(2019-12-22, 10:51 AM)jim321 Wrote: you need to open the noobs file the and copy those files to the card.
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...ight=noobs

https://www.raspberrypi.org/help/noobs-setup/2/
https://youtu.be/fe9A6AYXIx0?t=132
or the card might be bad
burning the img is easier

Thanks Jim!
I was 100% sure I did that, but it seems like the sd card have been corrupted. Will try again and if it don't work img is my plan b.
Edit:
I found an old SD card with 1.2 on it - is just as simple to go sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb
"I found an old SD card with 1.2 on it - is just as simple to go sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb"

no you need the new pi "buster" img for v.2.xx ..it wont work on earlier kernels v1.xx is on "stretch".
(2019-12-22, 12:42 PM)jim321 Wrote: "I found an old SD card with 1.2 on it - is just as simple to go sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb"

no you need the new pi "buster" img for v.2.xx ..it wont work on earlier kernels v1.xx is on "stretch".

Thanks mate! Solved with Noob now - corrupt SD card error.
OP2 I2CSensors 2.0.6beta
Check System produces strange result (and does not start on clicking open)

[OP2] Network 2.0.8 beta
- when you want to reset network to standard settings it is not possible to just re-install. uninstall asks for reboot but then headless working is not possible any more. 
Uninstall and reinstall without rebooting does not reset defaults.

Also when network settings are changed then AP settings are returned to standard "openplotter" + pw 1234567 rather than keeping the already set personalisations.

Comment: wouldnt it be helpful to store all these network parameters in the openplotter.conf file? headless users could then easier recover mistakes by editing this file on the SDcard directly. - just my2cent

PS: I find RaspAP (https://github.com/billz/raspap-webgui) a rather nice tool to configure the wifi but unfortunately it does not work in combination with the OP-network, just the opposite, no networking is functional anymore when RaspAP got installed.

Attached Files Image(s)

(2019-09-14, 06:33 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter 2 is in beta stage. Now OP consists of independent applications. For the first time, we open the door to the entire Debian family and even to other hardware. However, the most interesting applications remain exclusive for Raspberry.

Formats

SD images and NOOBS (basic): img and NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi. We will release at least 4 versions:
  • OpenPlotter Starting: just pure marine stuff and required tools.
  • OpenPlotter Headless: to install and use OpenPlotter Starting without monitor.
  • OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT: out of the box image for this HAT.
  • OpenPlotter IoT: for makers.
  • OpenPlotter À la Carte: Custom apps and settings.
From Scratch (intermediate): you will be able to install OpenPlotter on any computer running any Debian based system like Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint...

OpenPlotter-gen (advanced): OpenPlotter-gen is a super-script to build OpenPlotter img and NOOBS files. You will be able to create OpenPlotter flavors easily.

Testing (NOT FOR PRODUCTION)

Option A: download an OpenPlotter pre-release img or NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

OpenPlotter Starting

2019-12-16-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-12-16-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

OpenPlotter Headless

Access Point SSID: openplotter  |  Password: 12345678  |  IP: 10.10.10.1 (openplotter.local)
Ethernet Bridge: enabled
SSH: ssh pi@openplotter.local  |  Password: raspberry
Remote desktop address: openplotter.local  |  Port: 5900  |  User: pi  |  Password: raspberry

2019-12-16-OpenPlotter-Headless-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-12-16-OpenPlotter-Headless-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT

0000-00-00-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
0000-00-00-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

Option B: Install OpenPlotter on any computer running a Debian based system (Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint...)

Open a terminal and install the dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install python-configparser python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson python3-pyudev whois vlc

To install the main app openplotter-setting, download the latest deb package from: https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...s/releases

After downloading the deb file, you can install it by double click or typing this in a terminal:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb

Go to Main menu->Others->OpenPlotter Settings and install the rest of apps from there.

Roadmap

OpenPlotter Starting
  • OpenPlotter Settings
  • OpenCPN installer
  • Signal K installer
  • Signal K Filter
  • Xygrib
  • Network
  • Dashboards
  • Serial
  • CAN
  • Kplex
  • Pypilot (development)
  • Docs (development)

OpenPlotter Headless
  • All OpenPlotter Starting apps
  • Acces point, ssh and remote desktop enabled.
  • Docs (development)

OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT
  • Moitessier HAT (development)
  • I2C sensors configured for the HAT
  • Pypilot configured for the HAT (development)
  • Signal K configured for the HAT
  • Docs (development)

OpenPlotter IoT
  • I2C sensors
  • 1W sensors
  • Analog sensors
  • Actions (triggers and actions like sending emails, twitter and telegram messages, GPIO, MQTT...)
  • Docs (development)

Optional tools (this is not an image, just a list of extra tools that can be installed anytime on any image above)
  • SDR AIS
  • MCS board
  • OpenPlotter Apps Template (development)

Translations

Translate OpenPlotter into your language here: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter

Helping us

We have developed an application openplotter-myapp which is a template with the basic structure of an OpenPlotter app with comments to make easier developing your own app or help us with any pending app. If you have python skills and want to help, contact us to coordinate.

Please report bugs adding [OP2] to the subject: http://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Hi Sailoog,

everything is running perfect on my Raspberries.

Just installed OpenPlotter options on my 64 bits Linux Mint Tricia. Also running very well as a SignalK server with OpenCPN.

Now I have a 32 Linux Buster version on an another system called Sparky. OpenCPN and the most OpenPlotter add-ons are running.

Trying to install the SignalK server does not work. There is mention about NPM. Installed the NPM files. However still no working SignalK server.

Addition:

Replaced Sparky with the 32 bits Mint Tricia. Did the setup again.

Same problem. Missing some file(s)

I cannot find out what is missing in the 32 bits version.

It appears that signalK.socket seems to be missing.

Regards,

Bram