This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many 1W sensors can be used with SigkSens, and ESP8266?
Trying to hook up a bunch of them. 7 But when I connect them all I get Null. Too many so I should split on two ESPs or bad connection. The wires on the 1W's are thin....
//Ranur
(2020-02-10, 10:33 PM)Ranur Wrote: Trying to hook up a bunch of them. 7 But when I connect them all I get Null. Too many so I should split on two ESPs or bad connection. The wires on the 1W's are thin....
//Ranur

Hello Ranur

i would try to set down the pullup resistor on the bus, the many cables will give more capacity.
i would try it with half the ohms for beginning.

holger
(2020-02-11, 09:03 AM)holgerw Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 10:33 PM)Ranur Wrote: Trying to hook up a bunch of them. 7 But when I connect them all I get Null. Too many so I should split on two ESPs or bad connection. The wires on the 1W's are thin....
//Ranur

Hello Ranur

i would try to set down the pullup resistor on the bus, the many cables will give more capacity.

holger
Hi! Thanks!
Tried a while more last night and discovered that 3 sensors worked all right, but once I connected the forth I got no signal. So a 2.2 kOh instead of the 4.7 kOh should do the trick you think?
//Ranur
(2020-02-11, 10:51 AM)Ranur Wrote:
(2020-02-11, 09:03 AM)holgerw Wrote:
//Ranur

Hello Ranur

holger
So a 2.2 kOh instead of the 4.7 kOh should do the trick you think?
//Ranur

You can‘t do any wrong, try the 2k pullup resistor.
*Boomschackalacka*
Worked as a charm with less pull up resistance. Some trial and error, but mostly due to bad connectors on the D1 Mini. Now it is all ready. 7 1W sensors fitted as well as a Voltage meter hooked up on the analog input. Must be calibrated when properly fitted though. Got some variances now depending on cables and such. Next step - installation! :-D

Attached Files Image(s)

Fine. Greetings from the Danube. Holger