This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk, NMEA0183, N2K E Openplotter
Good morning, I have RPI4 with HAT2 and OpenPlotter V.2. Everything run. Now I would like to connect the various Raymarine type board, plotter Garmin, VHF, automatic pilot etc .. Protocols are SeaTalk, NMEA 0183 and NK2. They are several months that I am looking for and I'm not yet, but I still have not been able to find the solution. I do not find wiring schemes or clear information about it. Please if you can help me. In practice, what should I do now? Thank you.
Comet 1000 - Openplotter under construction
(2020-02-24, 08:58 AM)niklun Wrote: Good morning, I have RPI4 with HAT2 and OpenPlotter V.2. Everything run. Now I would like to connect the various Raymarine type board, plotter Garmin, VHF, automatic pilot etc .. Protocols are SeaTalk, NMEA 0183 and NK2. They are several months that I am looking for and I'm not yet, but I still have not been able to find the solution. I do not find wiring schemes or clear information about it. Please if you can help me. In practice, what should I do now? Thank you.

Hi, if you take this card and follow the instructions, you have almost solved your problem. Seatalk is missing, but they are working on it! Good wind.  Smile

https://www.gedad.de/projekte/projekte-f...ol-server/
Thank you Max1947. However it would be useful to have other tips, especially with schematics and wiring to be applied to a basic configuration with: RPI4 - HAT2 - openplotter v2 -. That is, the configuration followed on sailoog and rooco, using inexpensive hardware.
OP does not manage seatalk protocol, you need a seatalk-NMEA 0183 converter. To manage N2K you need a N2K to USB converter and for NMEA 0183 you need a RS422 to USB converter.

N2K config is done in CAN app, NMEA 0183 config is done in serial app. We are still writing the docs for these chapters. Any help is welcome.
Many thanks Sailoog, I will take this into consideration.
Max1947, your proposed system seems feasible to me. But is it installable with HAT2 on the Raspberry4? Will I still need to use a Seatalk-NMEA0183 converter? For N2K and NMEA0183 protocols, do I have to set them as Sailoog says?
You are fantastic and fast. As soon as I have acquired the necessary notions I will proceed to wire everything and carry out the tests. Then I will publish the results.
Thank you
(2020-02-24, 07:50 PM)niklun Wrote: Many thanks Sailoog, I will take this into consideration.
Max1947, your proposed system seems feasible to me. But is it installable with HAT2 on the Raspberry4? Will I still need to use a Seatalk-NMEA0183 converter? For N2K and NMEA0183 protocols, do I have to set them as Sailoog says?
You are fantastic and fast. As soon as I have acquired the necessary notions I will proceed to wire everything and carry out the tests. Then I will publish the results.
Thank you

Ciao, You have to follow what Sailoog says. The conversion for Seatalk is missing on the card I have indicated. I am also not a technician and I follow what I can to learn ... Good job and good wind! Smile Big Grin
Sorry, can this be fine for N2K? And if so, how can it be recognized?