This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Sources
Hello again,
I managed to get this to work.
Pressed Install for Open Plotter Settings even though the source seemed to be missing. The process went through and after restart of the settings app it is now on ver 2.1.0 and no sources are reported missing.
Thanks for pointing in the right direction!
Par W
Yep, you should have Settings 2.1.0

Try sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Attached Files Image(s)

Sorry guys. This is not going to happen again. We had to make this try and we have learned a lot.
Hi,

Just woke up to the same issue, only a few versions later.

Everything worked as expected last summer (in fact it exceeded my expectations!), being the first season with the new system. Now in February I brought the nav-computer home to do some proper updates of system, charts etc. for the coming season.

After installing the latest OENC-charts and a sudo apt-get update with the following ...upgrade I was stuck after restarting the system.

When OP autostarts it gives me the missing source error. OpenCPN lights up alright but I am not satisfied with the missing source.

When I check OP Settings I see that my current versions are old and that I seem to have the wrong source (pls see Update Candidates response below).

I've tried to click add sources + update candidates several times with no change.
I've also tried to change the repositories in apt with the GUI-tool in my Debian installation (I run Debian 10 LTS Buster on a "vehicle PC", i.e. not RPi). Tried as + uc and restarting (after changing repositories) in different combinations with no change.

I guess I am not getting my repos changed the correct way... please help!

Update Candidates response:
Quote:Settings                   2.0.27-stable     missing source: https://dl.cloudsmith.io/...
Documentation        2.0.5-dev           missing ...
OpenCPN Installer  2.0.11-stable     missing ...
you are running a very old version of openplotter-settings, you have to update to the latest. If you are not running Raspberry OS you should follow the "advanced" way: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...l#advanced
(2021-02-16, 07:47 PM)Sailoog Wrote: you are running a very old version of openplotter-settings, you have to update to the latest. If you are not running Raspberry OS you should follow the "advanced" way: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...l#advanced

Thanks @Sailoog!

It did the trick!