This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
Thanks tkurki - understand now.
Can just hope mxtommy follows this thread and publishes a new version. He appears to be less active in the community lately - I hope he is well!!!
I'm well. Have been crazy busy last 6 months though. Relocated to Europe a few months ago, which included selling the boat Sad (must admit that killed the motivation a bit...).

Spending some covid downtime on Kip. Got a few new features coming (including save config to server/load from server!), and will push new version to NPM soon!

While I'm working on it, are there any feature requests aside from the stuff in the Issues of Github?. I cannot promise anything of course, but now would be the time to ask Big Grin
@mxtommy - great to hear you are well !!! - and hope you will be afloat again soon Smile
Raised some ideas on github already.
- coordinate formats
- text size/font/color
- last value blinking when value is not received any more or for e.g. depth when a trashold value is reached change font color
- resize and reorder display positions by dragging in design mode
Others may have additional ideas.

Stay well!
(2020-04-18, 05:43 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: @mxtommy - great to hear you are well !!! - and hope you will be afloat again soon Smile
Raised some ideas on github already.
- coordinate formats
- text size/font/color
- last value blinking when value is not received any more or for e.g. depth when a trashold value is reached change font color
- resize and reorder display positions by dragging in design mode
Others may have additional ideas.

Stay well!
  • Coordinate formats is done already Smile
  • Text size should work now. Font is not really supported (anywhere in kip) and color is tied to theme.
  • Resize/drag to re-order is unfortunately above my head... Sad

Supporting zones though is a good idea. (some kind of alerting when a value is outside a threshold) Let me see what I can do!
New version of Kip released Big Grin

### V1.0.0
* add ngcanvasgauges and new modern theme (thanks godind!)
* new Theme change event allowing widgets to subscribe to theme changes (thanks godind!)
* Historical Graph color change on theme update
* Update WidgetString to use canvas like numeric widget for dynamic font size
* Latitude/Longitude Unit format
* Load / Save config from server!
* Notifications service for application status (snackbar)
* Deleting the last widget in a page deletes the page!
* Signalk Notifications in menubar!

Note, loading/saving to server takes a quick explanation. In order to save to the server, you need a R/W token from the server. You can request one in settings of KIP, but then you need to go to the server UI and approve it.

Then when you save, you can give a name to the config, and you can save it to either global or user scope. Global scope means everyone (think other KIP displays on other phones/computers) will be able to see/load it (even without a token). User Scope means only client's who already have the current token that can read it.

Note when you approve the token in the server UI, it approves as a normal user. In order to save to the global scope, you need "Admin" permissions, so you need to edit the token (it's under Devices in the server UI)

Feel free to let me know if there are any issues!
Hi. MXT,

I like the Kip display very much. You have made a great and usefull application. I just installed the latest SignalK server 1.28 Which includes the installation of KIP versie.1.10. However I do not see new settings for the Lon and Lat. These are still in the "unitless" format.

Perhaps I have overlooked the settings.

Regards,

Bram
mxtommy the new version is not working in a fresh SK installation, just a blank screen. How can we debug it?
@Sailoog, Oops, my bad Sad Seems like I hit a bug in git bash and it didn't set the base href correctly. I pushed a new version that added the correct one. (and also includes updated themes!)

@verkerkbr, The newest version is 1.0.X (figured it was about time to call it version 1...)  For some reason NPMJS's search results (which the signalk server uses to see if updates are available) is returning still the old 0.1.12 version... Sad If you want to manually install it, you can go into the .signalk directory where the server has it's config files and run "npm install @mxtommy/kip@1.0"
(2020-04-21, 10:26 PM)mxtommy Wrote: @Sailoog, Oops, my bad Sad Seems like I hit a bug in git bash and it didn't set the base href correctly. I pushed a new version that added the correct one. (and also includes updated themes!)

@verkerkbr, The newest version is 1.0.X (figured it was about time to call it version 1...)  For some reason NPMJS's search results (which the signalk server uses to see if updates are available) is returning still the old 0.1.12 version... Sad If you want to manually  install it, you can go into the .signalk directory where the server has it's config files and run "npm install @mxtommy/kip@1.0"

Hi MXT,

thanks for your reply. Just installed version 1.00 with your instructions. And after installing it also appeared in the
SignalK applications.

First trial does now show the Lat and Lon in usual format.

Thanks for your efforts,

Bram

See screenprint with waypoint in OpenCPN and display in MxTommy Kip

Attached Files Image(s)

It works now, thanks!