This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BME280 temperature not convertin to NMEA
Hi
Raspberry pi with OPv2, all packages up to date (signal K 1.31.0). I've installed a Waveshare 10DOF sensor (IMU9255/BMP280)

Set up the device in Pypilot and in the I2C sections, selected the appropriate sentence types in SignalK to nmea0183 tab (including XDR (TempAir).

I see temperature data in the SignalK data browser but nothing when I go to OpenCPN nmea debug window for temperature. Everything else is there (pitch and roll, mag heading etc) so I see nothing in my OpenCPN dashboard for AirTemp.

Using Python I can read directly from the sensor OK. It appears the SignalK temp info is not finding its way to nmea.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me solve this.

Many thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Maybe SignalK path for temperature should be something like environment.outside.temperature (instead of environment.inside.nineveh.temperature), in order for XDR sentence to be generated and populated over NMEA channels, including OpenCPN connection
(2020-06-29, 10:31 PM)serh11 Wrote: Maybe SignalK path for temperature should be something like environment.outside.temperature (instead of environment.inside.nineveh.temperature), in order for XDR sentence to be generated and populated over NMEA channels, including OpenCPN connection

Maybe you're right although I'm not sure why that should be. The signal K data is definitely present as I can take data from the path environment.inside.nineveh.temperature and display it on a guage in node red. Perhaps as you suggest the conversion to nmea only works for predefined paths?

Many thanks
(2020-06-30, 09:54 AM)baltika_no_9 Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 10:31 PM)serh11 Wrote: Maybe SignalK path for temperature should be something like environment.outside.temperature (instead of environment.inside.nineveh.temperature), in order for XDR sentence to be generated and populated over NMEA channels, including OpenCPN connection

Maybe you're right although I'm not sure why that should be. The signal K data is definitely present as I can take data from the path environment.inside.nineveh.temperature and display it on a guage in node red. Perhaps as you suggest the conversion to nmea only works for predefined paths?

Many thanks

Use environment.outside.temperature & it will work.

Many thanks

As I understand XDR sentence cares outside air temperature "by design", so as there can be multiple temperatures from different sources available to SignalK server, it would only generate XDR sentence from suitable path, which is environment.outside.temperature.

Here is the source code of signalk-to-nmea0183 plugin responsible for XDR with temperature:
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-to-nm...XDRTemp.js
It is expecting updates on environment.outside.temperature to generate XDR sentence
(2020-06-30, 10:28 AM)serh11 Wrote:

Many thanks

As I understand XDR sentence cares outside air temperature "by design", so as there can be multiple temperatures from different sources available to SignalK server, it would only generate XDR sentence from suitable path, which is environment.outside.temperature.

Here is the source code of signalk-to-nmea0183 plugin responsible for XDR with temperature:
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-to-nm...XDRTemp.js
It is expecting updates on environment.outside.temperature to generate XDR sentence

Thank you very much for going to the trouble of finding this information.
I will give it a try
Regards

Update
Changed the path name of the sensor and it works!

Once again many thanks