This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KPLEX error [1768]
I think I have setup KPLEX the correct way, however, when applying the settings and KPLEX restarts I get the error:

openplotter kplex [1768]; No Inputs!
Error: Can't restart Kplex

Any idea?
(2020-08-01, 12:57 PM)henker Wrote: I think I have setup KPLEX the correct way, however, when applying the settings and KPLEX restarts I get the error:

Any idea?

What is it you're trying to do? The multiplexing which used to happen in kplex can be done in signalk easier now, same with logging data. 
(2020-08-01, 01:47 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 12:57 PM)henker Wrote: I think I have setup KPLEX the correct way, however, when applying the settings and KPLEX restarts I get the error:

Any idea?

What is it you're trying to do? The multiplexing which used to happen in kplex can be done in signalk easier now, same with logging data. 

Yes it can, however, it is a lot more difficult to set filters in signal K. I'm not using any of the functionalities of signal K....
FYI, there's another thread on this same topic:
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2421

Current status is that it seems that no one knows what's wrong with it, not sure if anyone is working to fix it, and the solution seems to be to accomplish whatever you were trying to do with some other method such as Node Red or Signal K, despite the simplicity of your prior implementation of KPLEX.

Chad
(2020-08-10, 09:34 PM)we9v Wrote: FYI, there's another thread on this same topic:
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2421

Current status is that it seems that no one knows what's wrong with it, not sure if anyone is working to fix it, and the solution seems to be to accomplish whatever you were trying to do with some other method such as Node Red or Signal K, despite the simplicity of your prior implementation of KPLEX.

Chad

Thanks Chad,

I have decided to stop using Kplex and Signal K. I'm just using OCPN as there it is a lot easier to apply filters. This winter when I have some time I will invest some time to see how to do this in Signal K. Maybe by then, Kplex will be fixed...
Henk
(2020-08-10, 10:50 PM)henker Wrote: Thanks Chad,

I have decided to stop using Kplex and Signal K. I'm just using OCPN as there it is a lot easier to apply filters. This winter when I have some time I will invest some time to see how to do this in Signal K. Maybe by then, Kplex will be fixed...
Henk

What is it you need to filter? 

Seems extreme throwing out something s useful as signalk which must be able to do pretty much anything you could think of with data..
(2020-08-11, 07:50 AM)PaddyB Wrote:

Henk

Seems extreme throwing out something s useful as signalk which must be able to do pretty much anything you could think of with data..I have mul

I have multiple (4x) inputs. 3 of them all have position, SOG and COG. I want to use the Pos, cog and sog from only one source. Besides that (and this could be a hardware issue), I find the PI is using too much CPU (RPI 3B+) when using SignalK. I see the "node" application go op to 160% CPU usage. What this is causing is that when activating a route, the pi becomes unusable and I need to reboot...
(2020-08-11, 11:34 AM)henker Wrote:

Henk

Seems extreme throwing out something s useful as signalk which must be able to do pretty much anything you could think of with data..I have mul

I have multiple (4x) inputs. 3 of them all have position, SOG and COG. I want to use the Pos, cog and sog from only one source. Besides that (and this could be a hardware issue), I find the PI is using too much CPU (RPI 3B+) when using SignalK. I see the "node" application go op to 160% CPU usage. What this is causing is that when activating a route, the pi becomes unusable and I need to reboot...
Sounds likely you have a loop, do you have an output to an autopilot from opencpn? Sounds like some data could be  getting sent from opencpn  then gets sent  back in again then back out again then.... 

For the multiple gps sentences, why don't you filter out the nmea sentences you don't want in the connections setup?
[Image: 2N5ZM3W.png]
(2020-08-11, 02:52 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 11:34 AM)henker Wrote:

Henk

Sounds likely you have a loop, do you have an output to an autopilot from opencpn? Sounds like some data could be  getting sent from opencpn  then gets sent  back in again then back out again then.... 

For the multiple gps sentences, why don't you filter out the nmea sentences you don't want in the connections setup?
[Image: 2N5ZM3W.png]

Thanks, I'll give it a try!