This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tinypilot beta image
Thanks Sean
The plugin was originally installed from git.
Yesterday I updated the openCPN installer and reinstalled the plugin using the openCPN installer. It is reported as .05 in the installer and there is only one option listed.

Edit: I found the spot where you can choose to install version .22. but when I do update the plugin to .22 it no longer connects to localhost pypilot ... guessing that is by design, it seems I can install .22 and uninstall it at will?
I will attempt to connect the beta tinypilot to the plugin version .22 next
thank you

Edit#2. Okay so I got it working with the wifi as managed connection to openplotter with a static IP. The only thing I am having difficulty with now is there is no access request in signal K for that device? Is there a way to force tinypilot to request access?
All the data is getting to where it needs to be but it is not going through signalk (I guess?)
I just installed the tinypilot image (2020-09-30).
I still have to test it in practice, but for now it looks like it accepts wind data from SignalK / Canboat.
In SignalK I receive the heading and the rudderangle from the tinypilot.

Currently I have it coupled with NMEA0183 to SignalK, but I'll try to test the straight SignalK connection later.
It is already better than the previous image (from august).

I already worked with the latest github pypilot_pi to use it from OpenCPN/Arm64. So far no problems.
(2020-10-02, 08:32 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2020-10-02, 07:52 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: as a client you have to specify the correct ssid and key..   How did you change it to client mode?

Are you sure the remote won't switch back even if you select defaults?

You can also edit the networking file instead of rewriting the image.

Sean

Yes I used the webapp to switch to Client mode and specified the correct ssid and key
defaults is not showing up in that menu it just states no wifi detected

I also edited the networking file but I am not sure exactly how it should look. 
The SSID and key were correct in the network.txt but I am not sure what the settings above should say. Currently at the top of the file it says SSID pypilot and then below that it says managed. 

Then the client ssid and key and static IP address are listed.

But the biggest issue is even leaving TP as the AP and connecting OP2 to the TP wifi access point, Opencpn pypilot plugin is not connecting

I'm answering to the old message in this thread:
I tried changing the Wifi to AP myself and it works by setting up de SID and password for me.

Questions:
If the TP does not provide the AP what does?
Can you check if the AP receives a correct DHCP request? (There should be logging of provided IP adresses?)
It is obvious that the TP does not get a DHCP address from the AP.

(2020-10-03, 11:52 AM)rastam4n Wrote: Thanks Sean
The plugin was originally installed from git.
Yesterday I updated the openCPN installer and reinstalled the plugin using the openCPN installer.   It is reported as .05 in the installer and there is only one option listed.

Edit: I found the spot where you can choose to install version .22. but when I do update the plugin to .22 it no longer connects to localhost pypilot ... guessing that is by design, it seems I can install .22 and uninstall it at will?
I will attempt to connect the beta tinypilot to the plugin version .22 next
thank you

Edit#2. Okay so I got it working with the wifi as managed connection to openplotter with a static IP. The only thing I am having difficulty with now is there is no access request in signal K for that device? Is there a way to force tinypilot to request access?
All the data is getting to where it needs to be but it is not going through signalk (I guess?)

If you are using OpenCPN, the TP is obvious another computer.
Localhost will connect to the OpenCPN computer, why don't you try to connect to the static IP you earlier put into the TP?

Using SIgnalK I setup a NMEA0183 connection  (labelled tinypilot):
- TCP client
- IP address from TP (default 192.168.14.1, but you have a different static IP)
- output events nmea0183out
- sentence events pypilot

That way I get access to:
- tinypilot.AP (RSA)
- tinypilot.AP (HDM)

The tinypilot gets access to the Wind sources.
Hi Sean
I tested your last beta version with Open CPN 5.2 which offered me the last version of Plugin 0.22.5
It seems to work fine including the calibration.
I just had a problem with the web application to change the SSID. By clicking on Submit, I instantly lose the connection. The change of SSID and password is then more or less taken into account. I started over several times so as not to be able to connect. I then reloaded the image on the SD card before having a connection problem again by clicking Submit, but luckily after having managed to transfer the SSID and the password which were finally taken into account by the pi.
Everything is working fine now.
Very nice job
The wifi changes should be immediate after pressing submit.

I have fixed the wifi issues from the lcd menu today.

so if you can't connect it should be possible to reset by the remote.

I also fixed the route following today.

I have created a new beta image:
https://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_2020_10_05.img.xz
I tried it on two different SD-cards, and tried it several times, but no wifi network shows up. Maybe I would need the Nokia display and a remote, but since I don't have them, there's no network connection.
(2020-10-06, 10:21 AM)hans-martijn Wrote: I tried it on two different SD-cards, and tried it several times, but no wifi network shows up. Maybe I would need the Nokia display and a remote, but since I don't have them, there's no network connection.

It shows up with the ssid of “pypilot” .  No key. 
It takes a bit longer then before.  Give it a few minutes
sorry, this image connects to openplotter by default, I forgot to change that back. If you can edit the .pypilot/networking.txt to Master mode, will make an access point. It's possible to change back to AP mode using the remote control but without you would have to edit the file. I will make it AP in the future, I'm looking for other bugs now.....

rastam4n: Does it really take longer with the new image.
(2020-10-06, 11:09 AM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2020-10-06, 10:21 AM)hans-martijn Wrote: I tried it on two different SD-cards, and tried it several times, but no wifi network shows up. Maybe I would need the Nokia display and a remote, but since I don't have them, there's no network connection.

It shows up with the ssid of “pypilot” .  No key. 
It takes a bit longer then before.  Give it a few minutes

That is what it was on the image of 30/9, but this time I waited half an hour, but nothing showed up. I will change the network settings and retest it.
(2020-10-06, 04:20 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: sorry, this image connects to openplotter by default, I forgot to change that back.   If you can edit the .pypilot/networking.txt to Master mode, will make an access point.   It's possible to change back to AP mode using the remote control but without you would have to edit the file.    I will make it AP in the future, I'm looking for other bugs now.....

rastam4n:  Does it really take longer with the new image.

It seemed to me to take a bit longer... maybe my anticipation is making it seem that way