This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another beta image release
Hi,

now I have tried all the last version of tinypilot but still a big problem.

My system:
1. rpi 3b with openplotter latest vesion
2. zero w with tinypilot as master, imu, arduino
3. zero w with nokia display + gpio buttons as client to no. 2 (in cockpit)
All connections over wifi.
With tinypilot 0.12 all 3 were working together even it took about 15 min to connect no 2 and 3.

At new tinypilot vers between 1. and 2. no problem but I cannot get connection between my pypilolts (no 2 and 3).
Error message no compass or gyro or N/A.
I already tried out many settings in ./pypilot/networking.txt without success.
Perhaps I did not find the right settings but at the moment I am stuck and need help.

Thanks in advance,

Kalle

you have to run the same version on all of them.. is that the case?
(2020-11-02, 08:30 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: you have to run the same version on all of them.. is that the case?

sure same version, always newest one.

Kalle
Hi Sean

Using the git version of the pypilot_pi plugin with the TP beta, I am having a few challenges.
1. my gains are not showing up in the plugin "gains" window
2. the compass globe is very small in the compass calibration window
Anything I can do to resolve these?
(2020-11-03, 01:09 AM)kalle Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 08:30 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: you have to run the same version on all of them.. is that the case?

sure same version, always newest one.

Kalle
I have not really tested remote mode...   So the problem is the second pi zero?

You can edit ~/.pypilot/pypilot_client.conf to point it to the ip of the primary pi.  Maybe this was the problem?  I would like to make this process easier, so feedback or ideas appreciated.

(2020-11-03, 03:17 PM)rastam4n Wrote: Hi Sean

Using the git version of the pypilot_pi plugin with the TP beta, I am having a few challenges.
2. the compass globe is very small in the compass caliration windowe

1) what operating system are you running the pypilot_pi plugin?
2) is this the compass in the pypilot plugin?   Before the compass plot was only available as a python script.  With the new version it is now also in the opencpn plugin and the web app.   I'm not sure scaling is implemented in all of these, but it would help to know which interface of the plot you mean.
(2020-11-03, 05:00 PM)seandepagnier Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 03:17 PM)rastam4n Wrote: Hi Sean

2. the compass globe is very small in the compass caliration windowe

1) what operating system are you running the pypilot_pi plugin?
2) is this the compass in the pypilot plugin?   Before the compass plot was only available as a python script.  With the new version it is now also in the opencpn plugin and the web app.   I'm not sure scaling is implemented in all of these, but it would help to know which interface of the plot you mean.

I am running the latest OpenPlotter 2
The compass is in the pypilot plugin, the accelerometer screen shows a good size globe.. i just needed to zoom it out a bit, but the compass globe will not zoom in close enough to see the points.

Update.. hmmm I went back to try again and switching from compass screen to accelerometer screen crashed OpenCPN, but when I restarted it both globes were the correct size. Seems something is fluky in there but it's working now.
Hi Sean,

I also tried to edit pypilot_client.conf  with 192.168.14.1 and 20220 but not consistent and jumping back to localhostafter restart.
Sorry my network knowledge is very bad. Perhaps someone else has tried to connect in remote mode and has the right settings?

Greetings

Kalle
I'll try remote mode in the next few days, sorry for the trouble, I didn't really test it out much with all the other changes.
Just for interest I installed pypilot from git and tested it with opencpn and the pypilot_pi plug-in.
It works amazing. Really love the visualization you added for calibrating the the compass using the OP2 pypilot app. Will test both on the water yet this week. Looking forward to compare stability to older versions
So I was out all day today testing the new beta image with Tiny pilot and the pypilot plugin from git. Works very well and did not disconnect once
Then I tried the Openplotter pypilot app which I installed from git and while it worked just as well none of the configuration/calibration and gains were not visible from the pypilot plugin. The menus would open but they were empty windows. I was able to make changes but I had to use the web app.
Once configured it worked great but it would be nice to be able to make changes from within the opencpn plugin