This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu for Raspberry
Good news:

https://ubuntu.com/download/raspberry-pi

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/how-to-inst...1-overview

I think OpenPlotter should keep 32-bit (and 64-bit when official) Raspberry OS based images as the main distribution medium because it is the most flexible way to offer different images for different uses.

But we should make sure all OpenPlotter apps for Debian will work on Ubuntu Desktop 20.10 64-bit and try to make work all OpenPlotter apps exclusive for Raspberry too.
Hi Sailoog,

I'am using the Groovy Gorilla for some time on My RPI 4 and the AMD64. It works very well with a nice interface especially for touch screen monitors.

It also has a very recent kernel version 5.8. OpenCPN and the Oesenc charts in combination with the dongle are also working. SignalK in combination with NPM is also easy to install.

I'am very interested to install the OpenPlotter extra's. Great that you are working on these.

RaspiOS 64 and the Groovy 64 bits running here from an PCIe NVMe Ssd (128 GB) connected via the USB3 and without an SD in the RPI.

However you need the latest Eeprom version.

The Ubuntu Focal version works also with a number of OpenPlotter items.

Regards,

Bram
latest openplotter-settings version v2.6.2 now runs in Ubuntu for Raspberry (Groovy) for 64-bit. There are still some errors in some apps but it is a start Smile
(2020-12-04, 09:23 PM)Sailoog Wrote: latest openplotter-settings version v2.6.2 now runs in Ubuntu for Raspberry (Groovy) for 64-bit. There are still some errors in some apps but it is a start Smile

Hi Sailoog,

great that the OpenPlotter extra's now also works in the Ubuntu Groovy Gorilla. The install was easy.

Just tested the AIS reception with an RTL-DSR dongle. The Ais objects appear nicely on my OpenCPN chart display.

SignalK is also running.

Will do some more testing tomorrow.

Thanks and greetings from the Netherlands,

Bram
nice updating, thanks

(2020-12-04, 10:21 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2020-12-04, 09:23 PM)Sailoog Wrote: latest openplotter-settings version v2.6.2 now runs in Ubuntu for Raspberry (Groovy) for 64-bit. There are still some errors in some apps but it is a start Smile

Hi Sailoog,

great that the OpenPlotter extra's now also works in the Ubuntu Groovy Gorilla. The install was easy.

Just tested the AIS reception with an RTL-DSR dongle. The Ais objects appear nicely on my OpenCPN chart display.

SignalK is also running.

Bram

Working with the DSR-Dongle for Ais reception. Data with GPS is coming from the SignalK server.
Perfect! thanks for testing. There are still some failing apps but we will try to fix them.

An extra new feature is that you will not be prompted for the password constantly if your user is in the sudoers list when you run any Debian system different than Raspberry OS.
(2020-12-05, 10:09 AM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2020-12-04, 10:21 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:

Hi Sailoog,

SignalK is also running.

Bram

Working with the DSR-Dongle for Ais reception. Data with GPS is coming from the SignalK server.

After the update of Groovy the serial input via serial port setting does no longer work. If I use GPSD in the Serial then the GPS is back again.

Bram
Several times there is no output in SignalK of my usb GPS mouse. Although Signal listing: connected localhost 2947.

If I then go back to Serial in OpenPlotter, remove the GPSmouse connection in connections and do a new setup up in GPSD then it works again. In SignalK I see the same info: connected localhost 2947. Groovy is working from my usb3.1 SSD.

Bram
Just tested the OpenPlotter version 2.6.2 add-ons on an old EEePc system 32 bits. Running Mint Debbie 32 (Debian based).  NPM install gave some errors. But after installing SignalK, it is working. RTL-DSR dongle is working. NMEA2000 input in SignalK works. Oesenc charts with dongle are working.

Great piece of software ! Not only on the Raspberry.

Bram