This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OpenPlotter images 2020-12-16
Information 
We have published new images for all editions. We have published only img files, not NOOBS files. Using the new rpi-imager program it is really easier and faster to install OpenPlotter. It seems that Raspberry will discontinue NOOBS installations in future.

These images can be used to run OpenPlotter from an external USB HD.

They should be compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 400 (not tested yet).

All OpenPlotter apps are updated to latest versions.

The new audio management should fix some issues with GQRX (openplotter SDR app).

Enjoy!
(2020-12-16, 07:59 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have published new images for all editions. We have published only img files, not NOOBS files. Using the new rpi-imager program it is really easier and faster to install OpenPlotter. It seems that Raspberry will discontinue NOOBS installations in future.

The new audio management should fix some issues with GQRX (openplotter SDR app).

Enjoy!

Hi Sailoog,

just tried the latest OpenPlotter version 2. Works very well. Pity. it is still only a 32 bits version. 64 bits is running here allready for a long time with RaspiOS and on the 64bits Ubuntu Groovy Gorilla. Both also with the OpenPlotter additional applications. Working from PCIe NVMe SSD without an SD card in the system.

Thanks for all the work to create this great software. The promotion of SignalK as a marine data server is also a perfect idea.

Regards,

Bram
(2020-12-16, 07:59 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have published new images for all editions. We have published only img files, not NOOBS files. Using the new rpi-imager program it is really easier and faster to install OpenPlotter. It seems that Raspberry will discontinue NOOBS installations in future.

Enjoy!

Tested the Starting image on the Pi-400, it works flawlessly.

Thank you!
Following seas,

John
s/v Uisge Beatha
ASWII 98k
Galesville, MD
(2020-12-17, 01:44 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

just tried the latest OpenPlotter version 2. Works very well. Pity. it is still only a 32 bits version. 64 bits is running here allready for a long time with RaspiOS and on the 64bits Ubuntu Groovy Gorilla. Both also with the OpenPlotter additional applications. Working from PCIe NVMe SSD without an SD card in the system.

Thanks for all the work to create this great software. The promotion of SignalK as a marine data server is also a perfect idea.

Regards,

Bram

Do not worry, we will release the 64bit version the same day Raspberry officially do it, not before.

thanks for reporting!
(2020-12-17, 03:56 PM)J-Wizzz Wrote: Tested the Starting image on the Pi-400, it works flawlessly.

Thank you!

Perfect! thanks for reporting
Just testing booting from an external USB hard disk. it does work fine, however, when I try to configure the network, I'm getting an error that /etc/dhcpcd.conf is not writable.

I've looked at it and it seems fine - all the configuration files in /etc are owned by root:root and are set rw by root and r by group and other. The file is writable using sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf from the command line.

Any ideas?

Fixed it by doing a symbolic link from /home/pi/.openplotter/Network/dhcpcd.conf to /etc/dhcpcd.conf.

Enjoy!

Happy Holidays!!

I have tried repeatedly to download and install the new software using the R PI imager program to no avail.  I am using a windows 10 computer to download to a 64gb SD card and every time I have tried, I get files that have 0 data in them.  I tried different computers (a w 10 laptop) and even my R PI mounted with the R PI imager and various smaller capacity SD cards with the same results.

When writing to the sd card, the R PI imager did not ever go into the "write" mode with the progress indicator on the bottom of the ap, but would rather flash across the screen that it was loading.  The R PI imager easily loaded Raspbian but could not handle the OpenPlotter starting download files.
OpenPlotter User base?

Any idea how many Users there are of OpenPlotter?

Perhaps number of downloads ?

Thanks
Kernel has just been updated to 5.4.83 which causes troubles with Moitessier hat.
Hope the Rocco guys can publish their update soon Wink

PS: cant remember how to roll-back to previous version - maybe a dedicated reset function as part of the op-moitessier hat app would be a nice feature.
Latest kernel update ?? Latest kernel update is here 5.10.5

Bram