This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot
Photo 
Hey guys, 

Im having trouble connecting openplotter (PI3) via wifi to Tinypilot (Pi Zero).

I suspect that there is a problem with the OS starting up on the zero but actually I am not 100% sure how the screen should look when it has started up.

I have no nokia screen. Just a normal hdmi monitor.

I have attached a photo of the screen from the tinypilot after starup, it just gets to this point and stops. Is it correct?

Any info would be a great help!!

What is on the screen is normal as it is programmed to output to the nokia screen.
Have you joined the openplotter wifi client to the tinypilot access point?

You can also use your phone or computer to connect to the tinypilot access point and open a browser, point to 192.168.14.1 and you should see the webapp control screen
Thank you very much rastam4n Big Grin I wish I had of asked earlier.... Ive been pulling my hair out for the last few days. I even considered buying a brand name autopiloit, thats how bad it got here! ha...
(2021-01-23, 01:09 PM)collie04 Wrote: Thank you very much rastam4n Big Grin I wish I had of asked earlier.... Ive been pulling my hair out for the last few days. I even considered buying a brand name autopiloit, thats how bad it got here! ha...

No Problem, always ask. 
I've been there to.
Did you manage to connect? I did not see this sooner because it was not in the pypilot forum. It's probably better to post this type of thread there in the future.

Yes there are funny errors on the tinypilot and the text output you see is normal. I should maybe try to hide the module ones with a smarter script.

The hdmi display is normally used only to debug and for that only to debug the wifi stuff, because otherwise I never plug a display into the tinypilot. It "should" be possible to use the hdmi display instead of nokia or jlx12864 screen by editing the hat.conf file and switching it to framebuffer.. but I didn't verify this works for the last version.