This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics issues
Has anyone seen this issue before?

my screen is distorted when I am connected via VNC via my windows laptop or iPhone.  I haven't connected directly by HDMI yet because of where the Pi is situated.

see attached Pic
Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

never seen this - even with really bad networks - on vnc. maybe try another vnc-client. is it the same if you connet to another computer via vnc?
(2021-02-02, 11:11 PM)holgerw Wrote: never seen this - even with really bad networks - on vnc. maybe try another vnc-client. is it the same if you connet to another computer via vnc?

I tried with two different clients and just plugged a monitor in and get the same issue. I think the Pi is damaged. I may have accidentally put 5V on a GPIO pin (by disconnecting the 1-wire circuit but leaving the 5V through a resistor to the data line. 

See pic

Attached Files Image(s)

you could try it without using GPU, but it will be slow:

Yes, it's possible to run xserver without a graphics card. Install a framebuffer like Xvfb (X virtual framebuffer) and x11vnc.
Here is some indepth information on x11vnc, like over ssh for encryption:
http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/

or use it headless as an controller....
To scale the desktop to the size of the VNC Viewer window, choose Scale to window size. To scale it to a custom size, choose Custom scaling, and specify a width and height for the VNC Viewer window.
(2021-04-23, 10:04 AM)osmanali Wrote: To scale the desktop to the size of the VNC Viewer window, choose Scale to window size. To scale it to a custom size, choose Custom scaling, and specify a width and height for the VNC Viewer window.

I was having a similar issue and I have to say this answer helped me to solve my problem. Thank you so much for posting this information my friend.
(2021-04-28, 08:31 PM)T3chfr3ak72! Wrote:
(2021-04-23, 10:04 AM)osmanali Wrote: To scale the desktop to the size of the VNC Viewer window, choose Scale to window size. To scale it to a custom size, choose Custom scaling, and specify a width and height for the VNC Viewer window.

I was having a similar issue and I have to say this answer helped me to solve my problem. Thank you so much for posting this information my friend.

It was the same on two different VNC clients and using HDMI.  got progressively worse - it was my issue I shorted the Pi to 5V and killed something on the Pi that caused this