This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KIP Web display
Hello MX Tommy,
first of all my compliments for this amazing plugin!
I have a question: where can I edit the data (URL and skin) behind the "demo" button on the welcome page?
The same question also for the welcome text displayed, I would load my own data and text.

Thank you!
Toni Pezzoni from Italy, North Adriatic.
(2021-02-07, 04:02 PM)tonipez Wrote: Hello MX Tommy,
I have a question: where can I edit the data (URL and skin) behind the "demo" button on the welcome page?
The same question also for the welcome text displayed, I would load my own data and text.

Thank you!

The only thing you have to do is change the server address from the demo settings to localhost:3000.

Now it is connected to the SignalK server and you can change the items to your choice. All the items that are in SignalK.

Bram
(2021-02-16, 04:08 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:

Thank you!

The only thing you have to do is change the server address from the demo settings  to localhost:3000.

Now it is connected to the SignalK server and you can change the items to your choice. All the items that are in SignalK.

Bram
Thank you Bram, but my question is different, I explain better.

On the welcome page (the "tutorial" component), the very first you see at new connection, if you press the "Load Demo" button you charge a saple configuration and the connection is established to demo.signalk.org server.
Well, I want to change:
- the server behind the "Load Demo" button, i.e. the server on my LAN
- the instructions text, i.e. from english to italian

I need this not for me of course but for my customers, they don't know the architecture and usually don't read instructions...

Thank you!
(2021-02-16, 04:55 PM)tonipez Wrote:

Thank you!

The only thing you have to do is change the server address from the demo settings  to localhost:3000.

Bram

On the welcome page (the "tutorial" component), the very first you see at new connection, if you press the "Load Demo" button you charge a saple configuration and the connection is established to demo.signalk.org server.
Well, I want to change:

I need this not for me of course but for my customers, they don't know the architecture and usually don't read instructions...

Thank you!

Hi Tonipez,

on another system on your lan, you can use SignalK and also MXTommy. Simply by using a browser (because it is HTML):

http://ip address (of the system where SignalK is running) :3000

Example:

My RPI has ip address 192.168.1.205 running the SignalK server.

If I'm another system on my lan and like to connect to the RPI SignalK server,

Use the browser: http://192.1.68.1.205:3000 and you get SignalK on the RPI. With more extensions, you get MxTommy direct.  Otherwise via Webbaps in SignalK server.

Regards,

Bram
(2021-02-16, 05:21 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2021-02-16, 04:55 PM)tonipez Wrote:

Thank you!

Bram

Well, I want to change:

Thank you!

Hi Tonipez,

on another system on your lan, you can use SignalK and also MXTommy. Simply by using a browser (because it is HTML):

http://ip address (of the system where SignalK is running) :3000

Example:

My RPI has ip address 192.168.1.205 running the SignalK server.

If I'm another system on my lan and like to connect to the RPI SignalK server,

Use the browser: http://192.1.68.1.205:3000 and you get SignalK on the RPI. With more extensions, you get MxTommy direct.  Otherwise via Webbaps in SignalK server.

Regards,

Bram
I know all what you write. But I need another thing: I want to edit - modify the welcome page! I want to display different text and to connect to a different server when I click on "load demo"!
In other words: if for example tomorrow the server demo.serverk.org will change name, where is the file to edit the link behind the button?
If I want to add / modify text on that page, where is the file to change the content?
Thank you!
look here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=998
Photo 
This is my new project. A 7" waterproof display (1000 nits for good sunlight reading) 
Driven by a RPI 3A and executing remote KIP pages from the cabin RPI4 Openplotter  via RPI wifi network
All NMEA and SignalK data are accesible also with the smartphone (free NKE app)

Attached Files Image(s)

(2021-02-16, 07:50 PM)holgerw Wrote: look here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=998

No, sorry. This link don't explain what I need.

I simply need to edit the Tutorial Component (the welcome page), NOT how to configure the browser to see data.
I need to change the text beginning with:
"Welcome to KIP!........... "
and change the name server behind the "Load Demo" button.

I repeat: I'm not asking how to configure the browser.
Thank you!
(2021-02-21, 10:37 PM)tonipez Wrote:
(2021-02-16, 07:50 PM)holgerw Wrote: look here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=998

No, sorry. This link don't explain what I need.

I simply need to edit the Tutorial Component (the welcome page), NOT how to configure the browser to see data.
I need to change the text beginning with:
"Welcome to KIP!........... "
and change the name server behind the "Load Demo" button.

I repeat: I'm not asking how to configure the browser.
Thank you!

I understand you to like to make an annoucement/introduction and then start MXTommy/Kip.

Make a program file with your message and then the command to start MXTommy direct.

It can simply be done with the command: firefox localhost:3000/@mxtommy/kip/#/page/0

Try this first in a terminal.

Bram
Good finding - i also looked through the kip-source and did not find it this way.
Sometimes the Solution is so near.
Keep on & Greetings
Holger