This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OpenPlotter GPIO app available
Thanks Sailoog, you are indeed the best! Sorry for my late reply here. Updates on this thread stopped showing up in y email, so didn't realize the recent back and forth.

I changed line 375 from type_name to type.name and it works, that is the GPIO app opens. I can see the 3 temp sensors and I have edited the Signal K key successfully.

However, as per @Jamos, I can't see the sentences or the data in Signal K. I took a few screenshots for info

https://imgur.com/DxK8t1b

https://imgur.com/uXT1RLz

and interesting at reboot at Check System, the "pigpiod not running" is still appearing. I have no idea what that means.

I tried to see if I could load the sentences via the Kip dashboard and they also do not show up there.

Thanks
you need pigpiod only for setalk 1, pulses and digital, not for 1W. On next relese pigpiod will be always enabled.

not sure how to debug this, sk data is created by openplotter-gpio-read service so lets try this:

Code:
sudo systemctl stop openplotter-gpio-read
openplotter-gpio-read

paste here any error you get after running openplotter-gpio-read manually.

to back to normal press Ctrl+C to stop openplotter-gpio-read and type:

Code:
sudo systemctl start openplotter-gpio-read

If we do not find the issue easily we should wait for the next release because I have added more debug options
Thanks Sailoog,

I tried your commands and it did not show any errors. It was blank until I pressed Control-C at which point this appeared:

Code:
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/openplotter-gpio-read", line 11, in <module>
   load_entry_point('openplotterGpio==2.1.0', 'console_scripts', 'openplotter-gpio-read')()
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpioRead.py", line 94, in main
   time.sleep(5)
KeyboardInterrupt

We will wait for the next release! All the best,
OK thanks for testing, give me some days to publish the new alpha version, I will notify you here.
I got it Cool 

It seems that there is another major change in w1thermsensor 2.0.0 module. This is not good because it is not possible to make the code work with both old and new versions so I have forced updating to 2.0.0 on next openplotter-gpio app version to avoid these issues you have found.

quick fix:

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpioRead.py

Line 22

Replace:

Code:
try: from w1thermsensor import W1ThermSensor
by:

Code:
try: from w1thermsensor import W1ThermSensor, Unit

Line 49

replace:

Code:
value = str(offset+sensor.get_temperature(W1ThermSensor.KELVIN))
by

Code:
value = str(offset+sensor.get_temperature(Unit.KELVIN))

reboot or type:
Code:
sudo systemctl restart openplotter-gpio-read

and it should work
It is working! Thank you Sailoog!
I can now see the sentences in SignaK and they flow all the way through to KIP.
Thanks again for all of your help!
For my side fixed it as well, great work!!!
thanks to both of you for reporting!
(2021-02-22, 08:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: there is a quick fix:

Edit this file with sudo permissions: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpio.py
in line 375 replace:

Code:
type_name
by

Code:
type.name
and it should work

Hello, I got same issue since last update.
I cannot understand how you change the permissions (Edit this file with sudo permissionsSmile
Could you help me please ?
(2021-03-07, 03:39 PM)ericdew Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 08:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: there is a quick fix:

Edit this file with sudo permissions: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpio.py
in line 375 replace:

Code:
type_name
by

Code:
type.name
and it should work

Hello, I got same issue since last update.
I cannot understand how you change the permissions (Edit this file with sudo permissionsSmile
Could you help me please ?

sudo nano /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterGpio/openplotterGpio.py