This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moitessier HAT - No GPS
(2021-04-26, 06:05 PM)aitonos Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 04:55 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Survive USB3 Interference: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3062

Thanks Siloog, Great to have you back; i read your other post. Hope that all is fine with you and yours!

Will check the link!

I  have even recorded a video of the poltergeist because whatever the usb3.0 device I migth plugged I started losing gps signal (ais and Wifi ok) until just 1-3 satellites or none (complete blackout).

Finally doing trials , I unplugged everything and plugged and let the SSD disk alone, restarted and all went  fine, then I plugged again all other devices (touch monitor, logitech wireless Unifying , USB3.0 hub and USb to serial) and now I even get more saterllites tyhan before (20-21! when before max 13-15)

My Powersupply is 3 Amps DC-DC converter 12-5V , so strentgh of power is discarded.

Huh

So finally, good news and no video needed...  Smile

The important thing is that all works now!
As posted in the "survive USB 3 interference", I finally plugged an external GPS antenna to the HAT , and took it 1,5 meters away and then got perfect reception. This might acoid the interference of any USB3.0 device.
Unfortunately, now I have no HAT working as I updated system and got installed Kernel 5.1 not supported by Moitessier HAT drivers. Sad  Can I roll back to previous kernel or should i do a clean install from scrtach ( I also made a SD back on the SSD)
There should be an way to connect the moitessier-hat only via serial NMEA0183. So all the offline times for new drivers for new kernals are history. i did this some time ago (moi V 1) and it worked.

So this maybe an Chance to put it somewhere else away from the noisy PI.

good luck - Holger
Hi Everybody ! We have the same problem. 
Raspberry Pi 4B+ 
Moitessier Hat 2
and no GPS working.

We are not using any USB3.

I have this message When starts the system:

"The service GPIO is stopped"
"The access request must be approved with read / write permissions in the administrator signal K"

Also in OpenCPN conections:
"✓NMEA: data filter COG and speed
[] Open the data display window NMEA
[] Download format for furuno GP3X
[] Use garmin GRMN (host) mode for downloading.
[] NMEA: For (ECAPB) use, on output, the heading of the magnetic compass instead of the COG of the GPs."

My big problem is, im not used to do this kind of stuffs, so im Lost.

I have some screenshots but i dont know how to upload them here.

Thanks for your help!

Have a great day ?
Astrea.
Hi Astera, you have propably another problem here:

as it said: do just this in your browser "localhost:3000" login and on security enable gpio as read/write
@Astera

Also, when you're logged in in SignalK (localhost:3000, 10.10.10.1:3000, openplotter:3000, or whatever network setup you have), remember to go to Security > Access Request, and select the pending request and give it Read&Write (or admin) rights.
(2021-04-27, 11:03 AM)holgerw Wrote: There should be an way to connect the moitessier-hat only via serial NMEA0183. So all the offline times for new drivers for new kernals are history. i did this some time ago (moi V 1) and it worked.

So this maybe an Chance to put it somewhere else away from the noisy PI.

good luck - Holger

Hello Holger,
there is a serial debugging interface accessible on the HAT via the pin header. AIS and GPS messages are written to this interface. You just need a proper converter so send data via NMEA0183. However, currently you can't use this interface to configure the HATs parameter. This is done only via the apps/scripts included in the software package.

Regards,
Thomas
when will latest kernel 5.10.52 be supported by Moitessier hat? I thought that there is now a automatism implemented to make new drivers available as soon as new kernel is available - am I wrong?
Yeah, we're waiting for the update, thanks and good wind everyone!
(2021-08-10, 10:03 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: when will latest kernel 5.10.52 be supported by Moitessier hat? I thought that there is now a automatism implemented to make new drivers available as soon as new kernel is available - am I wrong?

The package is already released.

Regards,
Thomas
(2021-08-11, 05:16 AM)Rooco Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 10:03 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: when will latest kernel 5.10.52 be supported by Moitessier hat? I thought that there is now a automatism implemented to make new drivers available as soon as new kernel is available - am I wrong?

The package is already released.

Regards,
Thomas
Thanks - works fine!