This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
(2021-06-01, 12:06 PM)Maughidhoo Wrote: I have a few question in regard toe the setup:
- the boat speed (SOG) coming from the GPS signal is very unstable / varies a lot, is it possible to smooth / average over time period?

Do you happen to have more then one GPS?
I had the same and they did not give the exact same result

Then the app is giving fluctuating value every second.
By setting prio or filtering to one source you can probably stabilise.
Thanks a lot for the help, I am progressing slowly...
On thing which still puzzles me is that the apparent wind speeds shows about 50 % of the reading on my Raymarine (both set to knots, and there is only one meter on board). 
Maybe somebody has an idea or encountered a similar issue?
(2021-06-07, 03:27 PM)Maughidhoo Wrote: Thanks a lot for the help, I am progressing slowly...
On thing which still puzzles me is that the apparent wind speeds shows about 50 % of the reading on my Raymarine (both set to knots, and there is only one meter on board). 
Maybe somebody has an idea or encountered a similar issue?

Did you use the correct Unit?
By default SK use m/s
1 m/s =3.6 km/u = 1.94 kn
    Hi guys,
Finally I succeeded to get data from N2k network to my RPi.
The next goal is to find a way to calibrate the gauges.
First is there a way to speed up the response of the rudder information? I need much quicker response, for fuel is not that important.
Second the calibration is the problem.
Is there a way to do it?
Hi,

The data should be calibrated on the server side. Been a while since I played with Openplotter, there might be a way of calibrating it there. If not there is a plugin for the signalk server that should work https://github.com/SignalK/calibration

As for the data rate, KIP will display updates as quickly (or slowly) as the server sends them. You will have to see how the data is getting into the signalk server and see from there. I'd suggest opening a new topic for that as it's not really related to KIP and you might get more views (and help) with a new thread
Thanks for you answer Tommy, but I have a huge problem how to do that Big Grin
This is first time that I dealing with linux, so I don't nothing about it.

So, if you have time to make short how to do it, step by step guide for dummy's Big Grin

I would be so grateful.

Thanks in advance
New Kip version released Big Grin

Changelog:

# V1.2.0
## Features
* Zones!!!
 ** Set zones in Settings, give range and state for that range.
 ** Warnings and alarms generated when in range.
 ** Radial / Linear Gauges show zones. Sets colors on gauge and red value on warn/alarm.
 ** Numeric widget alarming on Zones. Red text on warning, flashing red background on alarm.
* New Data Browser feature!
* Start of a Help section (still needs some more content, feel free to suggest ideas!)
* Enable/Disable different notification sounds in settings (normal/warning/alarm/etc)
* Added choice between numeric and cardinal ticks on compass (0,90,180,270 vs N,E,S,W)
* Allow paths that do not exist in path input.
* Added percent unit
* Optimize font size calculations by up to 50x on numeric widget
* Added a new color option on linear gauges (No Progress). Makes it just the needle, usefull for example rudder position

## Bugfix/Other
* Refactor alarms/notification service.
* Fix blank config version
* Update Dependencies to latest (Angular 11)
* Fix full tree API parsing (might not work with very old server versions though...) (commit 30220f0)
* Fix various small typos / small bugs
* Position updates are in deg, but KIP expects rad. Convert deg to rad on incoming position data.
* Fix metadata parsing

Let me know if you find any bugs Smile
I've created a guide on the new features and how they can be used - Hope this helps https://youtu.be/BJFjLzjlpuY.

Just like to say thanks to @mxtommy and anyone else who contributes to the development. Keep up the good work.
That's too cool Big Grin I'm just a hobbyist playing with some code, I'm not even a real software developer Tongue It's super fun (and motivating!) though seeing someone like something I did enough to make a Youtube video about it Smile I hope you don't mind I'll add it to the help section with the other videos you did Smile

FYI just did a small release as well a couple days ago, someone recently helped out and added the possibility for vertical historical graphs Big Grin (useful for wind angle etc)
Great stuff. Yeah please add it if it helps others.

I think it’s a great platform and KIP is a great way to display the data. I’ve now got something that works for me and also something I couldn’t buy off the shelf which is even better.

I will checkout the update!