This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Paths to InfluxDB
Hi gang,

I've recently built up my RPi 3 setup with OpenPlotter 2 and am very happy with it so far. It integrates beautifully with my AMEC AIS in OpenCPN. Alas, I am doing most of the software side work away from the boat, so my only data input is a ublox GPS, which is working just fine. I have KIP displaying live data now, so am digging into influxdb and Grafana now. Though everything *seems* to be connected (built a new database, linked it with Grafana, and "signalk-to-influxdb writer"  shows as "started" in Signal k) i cannot pull any paths into InfluxDB.

I was following the "Boating with the Bailey's" videos (just saw that you're on this forum! hi!) and the seabits blogs. When trying to configure the Signal K to InfluxDB writer plugin, there are no "paths" I am able to choose from, in either White or Black list option. There are live data visible and updating in the "data browser" tab in Signal K, so the data is coming in, but I can't seem to get it out. Am I missing a plugin, or is it just a configuration issue?

I suspect this is a Signal K to Influx issue, not an InfluxDB to Grafana issue. 

You guys are great, and thank you to everyone, but especially the developers here!
I'm starting down this road also except I have a RPi 4...and it looks like from the same source too...(Boating with the Bailey's) I'll be intrested in this answer.
Many thanks,

Rick
You are making this more complicated than it is.

The plugin writes all paths to Influx byt default, without any entries in the path list. Did you not try to see the data in Grafana, or why do you think you "can't get it out"?

If you want to either (a) include only specific paths (b) exclude specific paths you can specify the list type and add entries to the list by pressing the plus button on the right. Then you just enter the path by typing it in, there is no "list to choose from". But as I said this is not needed in the default setting.
If the aim is to create a blacklist to limit non-important data being sent to the db, it appears that things must indeed become complicated.

Without a dropdown of available paths to choose from, it's a pain in the proverbial donkey when having to manually enter these data from a different screen.