This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
I just updated KIP to the latest version & now I have lost everything. I uninstalled & reinstalled but still nothing. 

I got the following message but don't know how to run npm audit fix.

(2021-10-20, 04:05 AM)Lazzz Wrote: I just updated KIP to the latest version & now I have lost everything. I uninstalled & reinstalled but still nothing. 

Had the same, deleting browser data and cookies did the trick. Kip is fine, it's the browser.
Anyone know of a way to show magnetic HDG (in a compass view, or maybe a horizontal dial) offset against the bearing?
(2021-10-20, 01:07 PM)fishy Wrote: Anyone know of a way to show magnetic HDG (in a compass view, or maybe a horizontal dial) offset against the bearing?

fishy - if you are looking for the difference between "Course over ground" and "bearing to waypoint" then install the derived data plugin for signalK and look for "Steer Error".  'navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.steerError' will give you this as a plus or minus depending on the direction and 'navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.leftSteerError' and 'navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.rightSteerError' will give you the two steer directions to make an easy race screen with steer left and steer right.  I display them as numbers, not sure about the display types you want
(2021-10-20, 11:39 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 04:05 AM)Lazzz Wrote: I just updated KIP to the latest version & now I have lost everything. I uninstalled & reinstalled but still nothing. 

Had the same, deleting browser data and cookies did the trick. Kip is fine, it's the browser.

Thanks PaddyB - that worked. Wish I knew that before I deleted all my gauges!! Smile
(2021-10-20, 02:50 PM)Techstyle Wrote: fishy - if you are looking for the difference between "Course over ground" and "bearing to waypoint" then install the derived data plugin for signalK and look for "Steer Error".  'navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.steerError' will give you this as a plus or minus depending on the direction and 'navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.leftSteerError' and 'navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.rightSteerError' will give you the two steer directions to make an easy race screen with steer left and steer right.  I display them as numbers, not sure about the display types you want

Thanks, that is useful.
What I was (am) looking for is a nice way to show the magnetic compass, to assist in steering, but also 'cause its nice. Still can't find one, but I'll check out your suggestion for sure.
(2021-10-22, 10:35 AM)fishy Wrote: Thanks, that is useful.
What I was (am) looking for is a nice way to show the magnetic compass, to assist in steering, but also 'cause its nice. Still can't find one, but I'll check out your suggestion for sure.

Tried the KIP wind gauge? This one uses  self.navigation.headingTrue  >>

[Image: RwRbsSJ.png]
I have also had to do the clear cache for the latest update. @mxtommy in the next update, could we get the no progress colour on radial gauge. Would be great for a battery amp gauge I was thinking.
Is anyone else getting the "Connected to SignalK Server." notification staying on - doesn't matter what page??

I try to dismiss but noting happens!!
Has anyone found a way to format text controls? Would like e.g. datetime to show ony time