This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Notifications problem
When I re-boot my Pi4 & OP2 is staring the "Check system" stalls at Notifications, for about 10 to 15 minutes, then continues but finishes with a warning.

I have to go to Access request & re-set the Notifications to read/write then approve and all is well until I reboot again - then it all happens again - it's back to read only!!

Doesn't happen if I restart SK.

SK v1.41.3, Notifications v2.0.2

that is really strange, I can not reproduce this. Maybe a corrupt file?
delete /home/pi/.signalk/security.json file and restarts signal k. You will keep your settings but you will need to set the login credentials again.
(2022-02-17, 08:05 PM)Sailoog Wrote: that is really strange, I can not reproduce this. Maybe a corrupt file?
delete /home/pi/.signalk/security.json file and restarts signal k. You will keep your settings but you will need to set the login credentials again.

Thanks Sailoog, I'll give that a try.

It's not a real drama.
I'm facing a similar issue. Well, is excatly the same except that I don't experience the 10-15min delay.

This are the steps I followed:

1) Delete .signalk/security.json
2) Reboot RPi
3) Give read/write permission to both access requests with timeout "NEVER"
4) Reboot
5) Check that there is a new permission request:

Please note that .signalk/security.json already has this devices registered with read/write permissions AND with the same clientId:

Code:
 "devices": [
   {
     "clientId": "18707963-dde9-4400-afc9-10d6a7a34287",
     "permissions": "readwrite",
     "description": "OpenPlotter GPIO"
   },
   {
     "clientId": "d63c3f73-cb5c-425a-9866-a2e03679e57c",
     "permissions": "readwrite",
     "description": "OpenPlotter NOTIFICATIONS"
   }
 ]

Also note that there are no issues remembering the access permissions with other devices (like a remote ESP32 with SensESP)

To add a bit more context the system check return this on boot:

Code:
Checking Notifications...
↳The access request must be aproved with read/write permission in Signal K administrator.
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | Seatalk 1 disabled | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | GPIO service not running
↳ ↳The access request must be aproved with read/write permission in Signal K administrator.

And this on any posterior check:

Code:
Checking Notifications...
↳Error requesting access to Signal K server: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str.
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | Seatalk 1 disabled | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | GPIO service not running
↳ ↳Error requesting access to Signal K server: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str.
Moltes gracies MigGat per aquest report, clarament hi ha alguna cosa que no funciona com ho hauria de fer i aquest error es una gran pista.

I will try to reproduce this. Is this OpenPlotter 2 or 3. Signal K version?
I ara, reportar és el mínim que puc fer!

This is OP2, with SignalK 1.41.3

Tested also on OP3 and the error is not there, but I’m not sure which SignalK version I have there.
Any progress on this??

I deleted /home/pi/.signalk/security.json file but still does it every reboot - I timed it 13 minutes for "Checking notifications" to do it's stuff & then have to approve again.

No real drama, I know you are real busy Sailoog so I'll just wait till V3 is ready. Smile
I can not reproduce this issue and I have no idea. Let me do more tests...
Further on this, I uninstalled the Notifications app, with the intention of reinstalling it later, but now I get the exact same thing happening with "Checking GPIO".

It checks for a while, then SK starts but with a warning.

I have to go to Access request & re-set the GPIO to read/write then approve and all is well until I reboot again - then it all happens again - it's back to read only!!
I have a theory, maybe your SK server has not started yet but the notifications app tries to check the status of the connection and when the server does not reply the app makes a request again. But that read only status kills me, it does not make sense... I will work on OpenPlotter Notofcations 3 this weekend and maybe can I find out something.