This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
Bingo. openplotter-network is expecting ESSID, Rate, Quality and level parameters for each interface but your device (wlan1) does not have Rate and crashes the program. Easy fix. Thanks!
Ralink dongle for comparison:

Linux raspberrypi 5.15.32-v8+ #1538 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 31 19:40:39 BST 2022 aarch64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Mon May 23 21:01:16 2022 from 192.168.1.45
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 09da:024f A4Tech Co., Ltd. RF Receiver and G6-20D Wireless Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge, ASM1153E SATA 6Gb/s bridge
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1546:01a7 U-Blox AG [u-blox 7]
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"vodafonexxx”
Mode:Managed Frequency:5.5 GHz Access Point: D6:35:1D:07:05:6B
Bit Rate=433.3 Mb/s Tx-Power=31 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:on
Link Quality=67/70 Signal level=-43 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:1 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

wlan1 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"vodafonexxx”
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: D4:35:1D:07:05:63
Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry short long limit:2 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality=69/70 Signal level=-41 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:76 Missed beacon:0

pi@raspberrypi:~ $

(Ssid obfuscated)

Sailoog,

You asked (about SensESP and signal k)
that is what it seems, do you have a link to that example?

Apologies for the delay in responding

https://signalk.org/SensESP/pages/getting_started/

The keys in question are contained in the project template and documented in the section “observe data from the device”
(2022-05-22, 07:24 PM)Paul M Wrote: The problem I had with influx was my mistake, I hadn’t realised that the signal k key needs to be prefixed with ‘self.’ Data now being stored in the influx db 2 bucket.

I’ve begun looking at the network (Wi-Fi) configuration with rpi os 64 and op3.

I pre-configured the settings using raspberry pi imager v1.7.2 hostname, ssh password, ssid, password etc.and it worked ok.

I added a second Wi-Fi (usb dongle) on my pi4. Intending to use it as a hotspot

a) using a ralink device

- the ssid and password were mirrored from the main Wi-Fi on the pi and

- op3 network app opened

b) using a different  Wi-Fi dongle (realtek)

- the dongle remained unassociated

- op3 network app failed to start.

Running Openplotter-network gives the following response:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-network
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/openplotter-network", line 11, in <module>
   load_entry_point('openplotterNetwork==3.1.2', 'console_scripts', 'openplotter-network')()
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 975, in main
   MyFrame().Show()
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 85, in __init__
   self.pageClient()
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 863, in pageClient
   self.read_wlan()
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterNetwork/openplotterNetwork.py", line 899, in read_wlan
   self.client_bitRate1.SetValue(self.find_line_split_set2(wlan_info,"Rate","=",1).split("   ")[0])
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

It may be that the Realtek is not supported, I did have problems with it on the buster release.

I'm actually not on the boat... In 4 Weeks I can check it out.
(2022-01-31, 01:04 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-01-30, 10:53 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

all my OpenCPN versions on several systems, also Linux Mint,amd64, run in the Flatpak mode. I think that becomes the standard for OpenCPN and the plugins.

As you can see in the image, data from my GPS mouse works from the SignalK server. The Oesenc charts plugin for the usb plug also works. But therefore you need the beta plugins.

Not all the the apps are available. But with my  "hand" installed Debian Bullseye for the RPI extended with the OpenPlotter extra's. Every thing allready works !

Doing also a test with the Ubuntu Jammy Jelly. There the OpenPlotter add-ons does not work.

I'am using a Pi4 with 2 GB.

Regards,

Bram

- Flatpak is only the standard for arm64 and no Debian distributions. For the rest of Debian derivatives the recommended way is using PPA sources including armhf.

- There is not beta version of "oeSENC plugin", are you talking about the new "o-charts plugin"?

- Although an OpenPlotter 2 app could be forced and installed in OpenPlotter 3 it does not mean that it works. Everything must be revised and deeply tested before publishing.

- As I have told you many times OpenPlotter add-ons will never work in non LTS Ubuntu versions.

Hello,

I have now Ubuntu 22.04 LTS installed on my computer and would like to install OpenPlotter and all plugins.
When can I start with the alpha version?

I tried with Settings 2.9.1 then OpenCPN Installer 2.2.3 then tried to install OpenCPN 5.6.2.2~ubuntu18.04.1
I had following error: (Translated from French sorry)

Reading package lists...
Building the dependency tree...
Reading status information...
Some packages cannot be installed.  This can mean that you asked for the impossible or if you use the unstable distribution which some packages don't have yet been created or have not left incoming.  The following information should help you to resolve the situation:

The following packages contain unmet dependencies:
opencpn: Depends: libwxgtk3.0-0v5 (>=3.0.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
    Recommends: xcalib but will not be installed
    Recommends: opencpn-doc but will not be installed
    Recommends: opencpn-sglock-amd64 but will not be installed
    Recommends: opencpn-sglock-arm32 but will not be installed
    Recommends: libusb-0.1-4 but will not be installed
E: Unable to fix problems, bad packages are in "keep as is" mode.

Best regards,
Raoul
(2022-05-24, 08:06 AM)jtaraskin Wrote: I'm actually not on the boat... In 4 Weeks I can check it out.

OK, do not worry, this issue is now clear to me. Thanks.
(2022-05-24, 11:37 AM)ALROCHARARI Wrote: Hello,

I have now Ubuntu 22.04 LTS installed on my computer and would like to install OpenPlotter and all plugins.
When can I start with the alpha version?

I tried with Settings 2.9.1 then OpenCPN Installer 2.2.3 then tried to install OpenCPN 5.6.2.2~ubuntu18.04.1
I had following error: (Translated from French sorry)

Reading package lists...
Building the dependency tree...
Reading status information...
Some packages cannot be installed.  This can mean that you asked for the impossible or if you use the unstable distribution which some packages don't have yet been created or have not left incoming.  The following information should help you to resolve the situation:

The following packages contain unmet dependencies:
opencpn: Depends: libwxgtk3.0-0v5 (>=3.0.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
    Recommends: xcalib but will not be installed
    Recommends: opencpn-doc but will not be installed
    Recommends: opencpn-sglock-amd64 but will not be installed
    Recommends: opencpn-sglock-arm32 but will not be installed
    Recommends: libusb-0.1-4 but will not be installed
E: Unable to fix problems, bad packages are in "keep as is" mode.

Best regards,
Raoul

OpenPlotter 2 is only for Ubuntu 18 LTS and 20 LTS.

For Ubuntu 22 LTS you need Openlotter 3, go to the docs in the first post of this thread.
openplotter-network updated fixing errors. Paul M test please.
Thanks Sailoog, again a quick turnaround- thanks.

I’ll take a look, may be a couple of days, trip up the mast to fix wind transducer planned for tomorrow.

Also, I see the doc is behind the s/w development and was wondering if I could help with that? Pm me if you think I could help.

Paul

Just looking at the network app, I’m a little confused (not difficult - I know only sufficient to be dangerous!) but I would expect to be able to set an IP address when setting up an access point configuration?
Not sure if this has already been posted but when using the onscreen keyboard, there is no way to input numbers or any other non-alpha characters.

I found this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7057...ard-layout so apparantly it's not an openplotter issue, but maybe we can default to another onscreen keyboard or use the provided fix?
Network app 3.4.1 - After a couple of reboots following access point setup , IP address seems now to be set to 10.10.10.1 and also ssid set to Openplotter and also what was wlan1 is now wlan9

I need the idiots guide - sorry Smile but it does seem to be working with the ralink dongle.