This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost there with Maiana but....
After helpful hints from Peter Antyas and some terminal tinkering (Is Termite for Windows really the only option for provisioning via terminal? Seems so.), the big moment was to turn on the TX switch. I did so, the TX light went on and... ...nothing. The boat does not appear on AIS locally, nor in Open Marine which is really the only way for us to check. Everything seems to be on the level, the data stream is flowing nicely but nothing happens... All the TX switches are at 1, everything seems just fine in SignalK but nothing. There are also problems with Open Plotter Maiana not seeing the hardware, but I think the TX problem is unrelated.

Any suggestions?
(2022-06-21, 02:32 PM)puz Wrote: There are also problems with Open Plotter Maiana not seeing the hardware, but I think the TX problem is unrelated.

Any suggestions?

openplotter version?

openplotter-maiana app version?

Go to openplotter-settings and enable debugging, then open a terminal and type "openplotter-maiana", try to connect with the hardware and put here any error.
(2022-06-21, 02:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-06-21, 02:32 PM)puz Wrote: There are also problems with Open Plotter Maiana not seeing the hardware, but I think the TX problem is unrelated.

Any suggestions?

openplotter version?

openplotter-maiana app version?

Go to openplotter-settings and enable debugging, then open a terminal and type "openplotter-maiana", try to connect with the hardware and put here any error.

I'm the same person who posted the thread at Maiana's Github about the problems of openplotter-maiana not seeing the hardware. Pasting in the relevant info from that thread:

openplotter-maiana version 2.1.2
OpenCPN version 5.6.2
Settings version 2.9.1
Errors in terminal when running openplotter-maiana:

Quote:[color=var(--color-fg-muted)]pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter-maiana
(openplotter-maiana:2680): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 19:11:48.213: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar
(openplotter-maiana:2680): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 19:11:48.456: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar
invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'x'
[/color]

The next followup was to post the MCU / FW numbers, which I'll do when getting back to the boat.
Ah ok.

That 'x' being parsed as a number makes me think that yours MCU / FW numbers can contain something unexpected.
(2022-06-23, 01:05 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Ah ok.

That 'x' being parsed as a number makes me think that yours MCU / FW numbers can contain something unexpected.

Good call! Here's some data from today:

Path
Value
Units
Timestamp
SourceMAIANA.MCUtype 
""

06/27 11:46:03
OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.bootloader 
""

OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.breakoutGeneration 
""

OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.channelA.noiseFloor 

06/27 11:47:16
OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.channelB.noiseFloor 

06/27 11:47:16
OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.firmwareRevision 
"3.3.1"

OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.hardwareRevision 
"11.x"

OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.serialNumber 
""

OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.station.LOA 

OpenPlotter.maiana 
MAIANA.station.MMSI 
"257XXXXXX"

(Last 6 digits redacted)
OpenPlotter.maiana
MAIANA.hardwareRevision
"11.x"

You got it, that x should be a number, we should go back to github to ask Peter...
(2022-06-28, 10:54 AM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter.maiana
MAIANA.hardwareRevision
"11.x"

You got it, that x should be a number, we should go back to github to ask Peter...

Yup, the conversation continues here: https://github.com/peterantypas/maiana/discussions/111