This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
pypilot on openplotter 3
I finally managed to replicate some of the issues and wanted to post instructions for installing pypilot on openplotter3. Eventually the commands listed below will be integrated into openplotter eliminating this step, but for now:

git clone https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot
cd openplotter-pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install
openplotter-pypilot

If there are errors, post them, and also try "update" under reinstall to ensure it completes.

You will want to enable i2c in raspbi-config as well as the hardware serial port in most cases.

Please try this and post any issues so the scripts can be updated and improved.
Hi Sean,
I've installed OpenPlotter 3, enabled I2C and Serial Port and issued the commands in the thread..
All steps went without issue, except the last step which returned:

>
Unable to access the X Display, is $DISPLAY set properly?
>

Hi Sean,

I've installed OpenPlotter 3, enabled I2C and Serial Port and issued commands in the thread.

All went without problem, except the last command which returned:
>
Unable to access the X Display, is $DISPLAY set properly?
>

In OpenPlotter > Settings > OpenPlotter Apps > PyPilot > Install is greyed out.
(2022-08-31, 10:39 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I finally managed to replicate some of the issues and wanted to post instructions for installing pypilot on openplotter3.   Eventually the commands listed below will be integrated into openplotter eliminating this step, but for now:

git clone https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot
cd openplotter-pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install
openplotter-pypilot

If there are errors, post them, and also try "update" under reinstall to ensure it completes.  

You will want to enable i2c in raspbi-config as well as the hardware serial port in most cases.

Please try this and post any issues so the scripts can be updated and improved.

Sean, I also have followed the steps suggested above. Result was: 

"warning: detected pypilot hat, but the service is not enabled. Enable the hat service touse the lcd display and remote controls".

Pypilot, as well as few other services, are grey. 

I will try to attach the snapshot. 
Please help us to install pypilot in openplotter, as we're following steps suggested in the Workbook. 
Gennady
Did the install work? I have repeated these steps with success using openplotter 3 image.
(2022-09-02, 08:11 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Did the install work?    I have repeated these steps with success using openplotter 3 image.

How does one check if the install worked? I seem to have followed the steps you've suggested. And then I get the message: "... the service is not enabled..."
 Why can't the developers of the Open Plotter get it right? Can they add the install for the Pypilot? I have tried to install the older version 2, but then the WiFi doesn't seem to catch the Raspberry Pi server...
Could you post a screenshot of the last error?

What did not go right with the steps above? openplotter should have pypilot install scripts soon I am hoping, but your feedback would be helpful ensuring it is done right.
(2022-09-03, 02:00 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Could you post a screenshot of the last error?

What did not go right with the steps above?    openplotter should have pypilot install scripts soon I am hoping, but your feedback would be helpful ensuring it is done right.

Hello everyone, this is what I managed to do with Pypilot in Openplotter 3 - 64- I am waiting for the Moitessier update to go on. Good work and good wind, always!

https://imgur.com/a/5wWUatt
                    Hi Sean and everybody!

Following the steps outlined above, I seem to have installed the pypilot in openplotter headless. However:

1) the only way I seem to be able to open is through the terminal. It is not in the Openplotter list of installed software.

I will try to attach screen shots of what I was able to get. 

Thanks for reply,

Gennady
yes you must run openplotter-pypilot to access this app, or run the pypilot commands directly.

Hopefully with integration the links will be in place.
(2022-08-31, 10:39 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I finally managed to replicate some of the issues and wanted to post instructions for installing pypilot on openplotter3.

Much appreciated Sean, thanks for the release notes! I'll give it a go and modify the workbook accordingly. I believe sailoog is tuned is as well so this is a major leap in the pypilot / openplotter marriage!