This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
editing ic2 value clears all sensors
Hi, I am running Openplotter 4 on a RPi 5 with a MacArthur hat.

I have added the following I2C devices and configured the values to go into signal K with no problem:
- AHT30
- BMP388
- ICM

However, after adding an ADS1115 sensor, when I go to edit a value to pass to signal K, once I click OK, all the sensors in the I2C app disappear. Although I can see the data is still being sent to Signal K, I just can no longer see or edit any of the sensors. Adding them back in brings them up, as long as I dont try to add the ADS1115.

Tried rebooting, still shows an empty list of sensors.

I am running I2C 4.2.0.

I've tried turning on debugging and opening through terminal, but not getting any debugging prints from I2C app.

Going to configure A0:

And after pressing OK:

Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid?! The latter is most certainly a possibility!
This seems to be a bug. I will try to reproduce it ASAP.
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with a ads1115 connected through a PICAN-M HAT, the only difference is that the only i2c parameter which is updating in Signal K is the last ADS1115 input and any others which had been successfully edited before the ADS115 input. After a restart of the Raspberry Pi, all of the I2C inputs disappear from Signal K.
The presence or otherwise of other i2c devices is not relevant. The simple fact is that you cannot add an ADS1015 or ADS1115 successfully. Even if it is the only device, as soon as you edit it the i2c panel shows no devices.
I have just regressed the installation back to openplotter 3 and using I2C 3.4.2 the ADS1115 sensors could all be edited and installed correctly using exactly the same method I had been trying in I2C 4.2.0. I hope this helps with those amazing people who have developed this package, it is an amazing setup for a noobie like me.
Hi,
I have the same issue. I hope it can be fixed. I do not really want to go back to v3...
ThanksĀ  Smile
I had very strange behavior on the i2c bus with an RPI5. It would not tolerate any run greater than 200mm and once I broke the 4-5 mark on i2c devices it became very unstable and acted erratic.

Adding an Adafruit LTC 4311 Active I2C terminator resolved the issue. May not be your problem but it is worth a try.