This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone datalogging?
(2017-11-19, 09:08 AM)shark24 Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 02:35 PM)tocan Wrote: Its nice you found yours solution but i am no more interest in sql database logging. That this is working i did publish in my blog . What i am interesting for is something you did drop for. i am interesting in a step by step guide of yours influx db logging with grafana  including the connection to  Signal K. There is no reason i think to hide what you did drop. Exact this work i am interesting for.
I don't understand you. What exactly are you trying to do and what is stopping you?
Yesterday I've put, mosqitto, node-red, grafana, and influxdb on an clean raspbian stretch lite running on a pi zero w, just for the fun of it. I've connected an esp8266 (easy esp) via mqtt logging bme280 data. Thinking about it I've missed that it's possible to cut out the mqtt/node-red part and send the data straight via http to influx. Nervermind - the set up survived the night running smoothly but the memory of the pi zero (<500mb) might be an issue with more data to come and a big grafana dashboard (currently I'm just using three graphs).
For every single step I needed the help of google but there are so many blogentries/articles/forum postings that I never got stuck.

Its nice you can such but thousands are not able to do so. I have another workflow and come to results but all the games are nothing as long exist absolute no documentations for DAUS like me how to combine this with the most powerfull part of Openplotter. I did ask Daniela she can do it and she is not able for this. And i think this way Openplotter will be just for some tech interest ones. Not more. Its independant i need things or not. The code what was post here is maybe corect and i did put it to my Debian Paste Zone for a later more deep investigation. To keep it to run and make a system or integrate it i need minimum a week i think. If there is no mistake inside maybe i get it to run. But i still miss the parts that help to use the data more easy with Signal K.
(2017-11-19, 04:44 PM)tocan Wrote: Its nice you can such but thousands are not able to do so. I have another workflow and come to results but all the games are nothing as long exist absolute no documentations for DAUS like me how to combine this with the most powerfull part of Openplotter. I did ask Daniela she can do it and she is not able for this. And i think this way Openplotter will be just for some tech interest ones. Not more. Its independant i need things or not. The code what was post here is maybe corect and i did put it to my Debian Paste Zone for a later more deep investigation. To keep it to run and make a system or integrate it i need minimum a week i think. If there is no mistake inside maybe i get it to run. But i still miss the parts that help to use the data more easy with Signal K.

I wasn't talking about openplotter but its the same theory. Get you SignalK data to node-red. look for a flow that gets (mqtt) data to influx. set up influx as data source for grafana. And your done.
There is a documentation for openplotter but the things you are asking for aren't related to openplotter at all. influx and grafana aren't part of it.

I've asked you about specific informations. Where exactly are your problems? If you won't answer questions or ask concrete questions no one can help you! I'm not gonna explain to you how to turn a computer on and off, or how to install raspbian or how to set up grafana or node-red because there are tons of informations about this topics in the world wide web. I wont reinvent the wheel. Forums aren't the medium to learn e.g. a programming language. If you want to do so go to a blog our youtube and read or watch videos. If you don't understand it - read/watch it again. If you are stuck with a problem and you can't find information with the help of the search engine of your choice, then go to a forum. Tell the community what you have accomplished already and explain at what point you got stuck. Ask specific questions.

Update on the pi zero: It isn't running well. Influx causes big spikes of cpu load. Every 6s influx takes 95% load. Usability is still good.
Do you have solar? Try on the pi the build from DIY Powerwalls. But pi 3.
(2017-11-19, 07:16 PM)tocan Wrote: Do you have solar? Try on the pi the build from DIY Powerwalls. But pi 3.

Sick that is exactly what I was talkin about. Topic is data logging and you were talking about grafana and influxdb - I give up.
(2017-11-19, 08:21 PM)shark24 Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 07:16 PM)tocan Wrote: Do you have solar? Try on the pi the build from DIY Powerwalls. But pi 3.

Sick that is exactly what I was talkin about. Topic is data logging and you were talking about grafana and influxdb - I give up.
The data logging with grafana and influx db work for me with raspberry 3 quite good. The only thing is mqtt I do understand still nothing. With node red together and special the way to come into signal k server. This is a level I have not. Special in another language. I am able to read a step by step manual and follow some instructions like a monkey from Andreas Spiess. That's it and I am not alone in this.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Back to datalogging, some great stuff on this guys youtube channel about sqlite and node red >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKspiI8FRw

Some great esp8266 stuff as well, my new favourite device Cool