This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial Port nodes
Hi all, is it possible to install Serial port nodes on openplotter's version (0.17.5) of node red?

if yes, how?

I can't join the "serial in" and "serial out" palettes

tanks
what are you trying to do?
i have used arduino. gpio and serial nodes all use serial connections..

sailoog has rebuilt the serial "usb" tab in next release.. it even has a enable/disable UART to free that one up."bluetooth"

hopefully it will be released soon.
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/c...ntegration
tanks a lot for the answer...

I'm trying to send coordinate, heading, speed, meteo info, battery level to  the adafruit thermal printer

you could pull data from web-socket send to serial.. example below, you can only have one WS so use the one already there or use link node, select your config for serial node "printer".i dont know anything about that printer but other ones use cups drivers ect for setup.this flow will continually send data you will need to setup a switch somehow to send once maybe a button on dashboard.
you could get all the data directly from the web socket "ws://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/stream" it might be more than you need or you could parse out what you want.as in example for lat.

Code:
[{"id":"9b02acf9.c5cea","type":"websocket in","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","name":"ws","server":"ae07cdf2.445f1","client":"","x":50,"y":100,"wires":[["fbd5273f.9a1e28"]]},{"id":"fbd5273f.9a1e28","type":"jsonpath","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","expression":"$.updates..values[*]","split":false,"name":"Signal K delta values","x":220,"y":100,"wires":[["18af8a77.9fec86"]]},{"id":"18af8a77.9fec86","type":"function","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","name":"merge values","func":"var paths={};\nvar arrayLength = msg.payload.length;\nfor (var i = 0; i < arrayLength; i++) {\n    paths[msg.payload[i].path]=msg.payload[i].value;\n}\nmsg.payload = paths;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":420,"y":100,"wires":[["16f4fff3.e963e"]]},{"id":"16f4fff3.e963e","type":"function","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","name":"navigation.position.latitude","func":"var signalk_key=\"navigation.position\";\n\nif(msg.payload.hasOwnProperty(signalk_key)){\n    msg.payload=msg.payload[signalk_key][\"latitude\"];\n    return msg;\n}","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":640,"y":100,"wires":[["f0dbe5bf.c3e018"]]},{"id":"f0dbe5bf.c3e018","type":"serial out","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","x":830,"y":100,"wires":[]},{"id":"ae07cdf2.445f1","type":"websocket-listener","z":"","path":"ws://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/stream","wholemsg":"false"}]
(2018-05-07, 01:06 PM)jim321 Wrote: you could pull data from web-socket send to serial.. example below, you can only have one WS so use the one already there or use link node, select your config for serial node "printer".i dont know anything about that printer but other ones use cups drivers ect for setup.this flow will continually send data you will need to setup a switch somehow to send once maybe a button on dashboard.
you could get all the data directly from the web socket "ws://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/stream" it might be more than you need or you could parse out what you want.as in example for lat.

Code:
[{"id":"9b02acf9.c5cea","type":"websocket in","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","name":"ws","server":"ae07cdf2.445f1","client":"","x":50,"y":100,"wires":[["fbd5273f.9a1e28"]]},{"id":"fbd5273f.9a1e28","type":"jsonpath","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","expression":"$.updates..values[*]","split":false,"name":"Signal K delta values","x":220,"y":100,"wires":[["18af8a77.9fec86"]]},{"id":"18af8a77.9fec86","type":"function","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","name":"merge values","func":"var paths={};\nvar arrayLength = msg.payload.length;\nfor (var i = 0; i < arrayLength; i++) {\n    paths[msg.payload[i].path]=msg.payload[i].value;\n}\nmsg.payload = paths;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":420,"y":100,"wires":[["16f4fff3.e963e"]]},{"id":"16f4fff3.e963e","type":"function","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","name":"navigation.position.latitude","func":"var signalk_key=\"navigation.position\";\n\nif(msg.payload.hasOwnProperty(signalk_key)){\n    msg.payload=msg.payload[signalk_key][\"latitude\"];\n    return msg;\n}","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":640,"y":100,"wires":[["f0dbe5bf.c3e018"]]},{"id":"f0dbe5bf.c3e018","type":"serial out","z":"c0812b05.2e9308","x":830,"y":100,"wires":[]},{"id":"ae07cdf2.445f1","type":"websocket-listener","z":"","path":"ws://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/stream","wholemsg":"false"}]

Copied the flow, serial node is in grey, is missing and I don't know how to install it

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
it should have been already installed
type in a terminal
cd .node-red
npm install node-red-node-serialport
or
npm i node-red-node-serialport

sudo reboot

https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-node-serialport

or on nodered page http://10.10.10.1:1880 top right options button manage palette install tab search serial .. install
(2018-05-08, 12:54 AM)jim321 Wrote: it should have been already installed
type in a terminal
cd .node-red
or

sudo reboot

or on nodered page http://10.10.10.1:1880 top right options button manage palette install tab search serial .. install

This is the terminal output:
Code:
~/.node-red $ npm install node-red-node-serialport
npm WARN deprecated parser-byte-length@1.0.2: renamed to @serialport/parser-byte-length
npm WARN deprecated parser-cctalk@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-cctalk
npm WARN deprecated parser-readline@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-readline
npm WARN deprecated parser-regex@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-regex
npm WARN deprecated parser-delimiter@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-delimiter
npm WARN deprecated parser-ready@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-ready
npm ERR! Linux 4.9.35-v7+
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "node-red-node-serialport"
npm ERR! node v6.13.1
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! path /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard
npm ERR! code EISGIT

npm ERR! git /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard: Appears to be a git repo or submodule.
npm ERR! git     /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard
npm ERR! git Refusing to remove it. Update manually,
npm ERR! git or move it out of the way first.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/pi/.node-red/npm-debug.log

no new nodes
No nods in the palette install tab

(2018-05-08, 01:40 AM)callmecalanca Wrote:
(2018-05-08, 12:54 AM)jim321 Wrote: it should have been already installed
type in a terminal
cd .node-red
or

sudo reboot

This is the terminal output:
Code:
~/.node-red $ npm install node-red-node-serialport
npm WARN deprecated parser-byte-length@1.0.2: renamed to @serialport/parser-byte-length
npm WARN deprecated parser-readline@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-readline
npm WARN deprecated parser-delimiter@1.0.2: reanmed to @serialport/parser-delimiter
npm ERR! Linux 4.9.35-v7+
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "node-red-node-serialport"
npm ERR! node v6.13.1
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! code EISGIT

npm ERR! git /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard: Appears to be a git repo or submodule.
npm ERR! git     /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard
npm ERR! git or move it out of the way first.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/pi/.node-red/npm-debug.log

no new nodes
No nods in the palette install tab

Second chance....

Code:
$ npm install node-red-node-serialport
/home/pi
`-- node-red-node-serialport@0.6.5

npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
npm WARN pi No description
npm WARN pi No repository field.
npm WARN pi No README data
npm WARN pi No license field.
pi@openplotter:~ $ npm install node-red-node-serialport@0.6.5
/home/pi
`-- node-red-node-serialport@0.6.5

npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
npm WARN pi No description
npm WARN pi No repository field.
npm WARN pi No README data
npm WARN pi No license field.
pi@openplotter:~ $

Tanks a lot

npm ERR! git /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard

i thought freeboard was removed in the release v0.17.0 ??

https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/b...ANGELOG.md
(2018-05-08, 10:49 AM)jim321 Wrote: i thought freeboard was removed in the last release ??

I really don't understand the output and your question!!!

Op 11.11
Rpi3
Gps bt amtec
Imu MPU 9250
Pressure BMP180
Temperature HTU21D
Humidity HTU21D
dAISy
if your on V0.11.11 then you need to update to V0.17.1 or wait for V1.0