This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*newbie* /dev/root full after 24hrs
I'm new to openplotter

After a fresh install in a raspberry pi 3, 8Gb SD, after about 24hrs of running the pi the /dev/root folder is full and if i reboot the pi won't start anymore.
Made a fresh install 3 times, same result.

I'm new to linux, and don't really know where to solve this problem.
I guess your are using the img file and not the NOOBS file.

Go to preferences, old raspi-config, 7 Advanced options, A1 expand filesystem to use all the available space of your SD
I'm using the NOOBS installation.
Tried to expand the filesystem, but i get a error message saying partition layout is not supported by the tool, probably because of using the NOOBS installer.

If you want to take a look, i can give you access to the pi via Teamviewer on my pc
Are you using any connected storage device such as USB pen-drives or USB hard disks?
Are you using any downloading service such as torrent?

You have suggested to use 'Teamviewer' and I suppose that it will be under Windows... I think it can't be helpful, because some partitions cannot be read at Windows.

Regards
(2018-06-07, 08:53 AM)Otoio Wrote: Are you using any connected storage device such as USB pen-drives or USB hard disks?

You have suggested to use 'Teamviewer' and I suppose that it will be under Windows... I think it can't be helpful, because some partitions cannot be read at Windows.

Regards
Not using any connected storage devices. Just openplotter on a sd-card.
No downloads. Only a second wifi USB adapter to forward the internet connection.
Made a clean install last night, this morning i had the same problem.
(2018-06-07, 09:41 AM)Yannick Wrote:
(2018-06-07, 08:53 AM)Otoio Wrote: Are you using any connected storage device such as USB pen-drives or USB hard disks?

Regards

Not using any connected storage devices. Just openplotter on a sd-card.
No downloads. Only a second wifi USB adapter to forward the internet connection.
Made a clean install last nicht, this morning i had the same problem.

Hi, have you tried an SD of 16 GB?

/Olle
Not yet. I will order one today to try.

Regards

Anyone needing to read Linux partitions on a SD card from Windows I highly recommend this free program from Disk Internals .... It's also nice for dual boot desktops 

Linux Reader 2.7 
(2018-06-06, 06:27 PM)Yannick Wrote: I'm new to openplotter

After a fresh install in a raspberry pi 3, 8Gb SD, after about 24hrs of running the pi the /dev/root folder is full and if i reboot the pi won't start anymore.
Made a fresh install 3 times, same result.

I'm new to linux, and don't really know where to solve this problem.

(2018-06-07, 10:10 AM)LaMare Wrote: Hi, have you tried an SD of 16 GB?

A good record to use a SD of 16 GB, but something must be wrong in that installation.
I'm looking at mine and I have only 4.3 GB used (it's a fresh installation too).

Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ df -h
S.ficheros     Tamaño Usados  Disp Uso% Montado en
/dev/root         14G   4,3G  8,4G  34% /
devtmpfs         460M      0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs            464M      0  464M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs            464M   6,3M  458M   2% /run
tmpfs            5,0M   4,0K  5,0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs            464M      0  464M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p6    68M    22M   47M  32% /boot
tmpfs             93M      0   93M   0% /run/user/1000
/dev/mmcblk0p5    30M   397K   28M   2% /media/pi/SETTINGS

I'd try to download again the NOOBS file and try again a new fresh installation. And, by the way, trying another new SD card would be worth too, because perhaps it could be a SD's problem too.

If the problem continues, this forum could be helpful: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=71520

Good night Sleepy
You could perhaps run a command from time to time to see which folders are growing in size over time. Try this:

sudo du -chd 1 | sort -h

Make sure you run in from the root directory as it only operates on the current directory. It will list the directories in order of size, smallest to largest.

Chris