This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Date Openplotter 0.9?
HI everyone,

I am sorry for the delay. We wanted to have an alpha version of 0.9.0 last month but there have been big changes in Signal k specification. There are new people involved in signal k development and we have meet in Amsterdam last week. That means that the image we were working on needs significant modifications.

Before this month ends I will try to have an alpha version but big changes are in progress and it won't be an image for production, just a base to work and keep applying the new features and signal k adaptations.

thanks for your support and patience Smile
Thank you PaddyB.
I understand its still a Alfa version and I shouldnt expect too much and remain patient.
However always get following error when startin op:
pi@op3:~ $ openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3137, in <module>
MainFrame().Show()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 77, in __init__
self.vessel_self = checkVesselSelf()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_self.py", line 71, in __init__
self.mmsi = data['mmsi']
KeyError: 'mmsi'

any advise in which config file I can manually add the mmsi?

Thanks!
I tried to load V0. 9 and got the same errors, so sorry, can't help.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
(2016-11-28, 05:41 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Thank you PaddyB.
I understand its still a Alfa version and I shouldnt expect too much and remain patient.
However always get following error when startin op:
pi@op3:~ $ openplotter
MainFrame().Show()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_self.py", line 71, in __init__
self.mmsi = data['mmsi']
KeyError: 'mmsi'

any advise in which config file I can manually add the mmsi?

Thanks!

OK, got it working.
In
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_self.py"
I changed the line
self.mmsi = data['mmsi']

to

self.mmsi =' 212314909' (or whatever your 9 digit mmsi number is.)

I'm sure sailoog will fix it soon but at least with that you should be able to get in and have a play.

I had errors with
 sudo update-rc.d isc-dhcp-server disable
As well.

Hi guys, you need to install the latest signalk-server-node
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-server-node
Download latest openplotter v0.9.0 branch
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/tree/v0.9.0
and go to /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/settings/openplotter-settings.json and delete the mmsi value at the beginning, just like this:

{ "vessel" : { "uuid" : "urn:mrn:imo:mmsi:00000000" }, "pipedProviders" : .........

I know, too much steps, this is one of the signalk changes I was talking about. Finally I have fixed all the issues and all is working right. Now I have to find time to put together the new image, send it to e-sailing to check and publish but this seems to be the difficult step, free time....
(2016-11-28, 07:29 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Hi guys, you need to install the latest signalk-server-node
https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-server-node
Download latest openplotter v0.9.0 branch
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/tree/v0.9.0
and go to /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/settings/openplotter-settings.json and delete the mmsi value at the beginning, just like this:

{ "vessel" : { "uuid" : "urn:mrn:imo:mmsi:00000000" }, "pipedProviders" : .........

I know, too much steps, this is one of the signalk changes I was talking about. Finally I have fixed all the issues and all is working right. Now I have to find time to put together the new image, send it to e-sailing to check and publish but this seems to be the difficult step, free time....
Hi, thanks for the reply. OK, here's where I got to..
Did -rm - rf signalk server folder and git new one.
Same for openplotter. With some errors?
--
pi@openplotter:~/.config $ sudo update-rc.d isc-dhcp-server disable
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `isc-dhcp-server' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `isc-dhcp-server' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
--
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo pip install websocket-client spidev
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): websocket-client in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): spidev in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): six in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from websocket-client)
Cleaning up...
--
Then after a reboot running openplotter this...

pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter
Signal K starting
MainFrame().Show()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_self.py", line 39, in __init__
cwd=home + '/.config/signalk-server-node')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
--

Mean anything to you?
Also got a load of errors running
npm install
Will have another look at it tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi PaddyB,
"Did -rm - rf signalk server folder and git new one.
Same for openplotter. With some errors?"
It is better to rename the folders because there are some settings inside you don't want to lose.
#first before renaming the folders kill the jobs
killall node
killall python
#move folder to another name (here done by adding 01)
mv /home/pi/.config/openplotter /home/pi/.config/openplotter01
mv /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node01

"pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter
Signal K starting
MainFrame().Show()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_self.py", line 39, in __init__
cwd=home + '/.config/signalk-server-node')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

When you installed signalk-server-node from github and followed the install procedure described in signalk and checked installation, you have to add two files to signalk
1. cp /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node01/bin/openplotter /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/bin/openplotter
2. cp /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node01/settings/openplotter-settings.json /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/settings/openplotter-settings.json
but the content of this file must be changed from v0.8.0 to v0.9.0 (look at README.md)
It's done!!!!
I have sent the new 0.9.0alpha to e-sailing to check and in the next days it will be public.
Remember, it is not a production image, it is just an image to make easier working and testing.
Smile
Published
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=233
Have now managed to get 0.9 alfa working on rpi3 and try out the node-red and instrument panel stuff. I am still struggling but like the way its going.

As I test only at home I can only see environmental data, no ais and only intermittent gps. I noticed increased need for reliable voltage, dont know if this is due to new version. Can anyone recommend reasonable UPS add on for rpi3? - normal 9000mAh batterypack is not sufficient in my installation.

I assume more development is happening and would like to stay also with 0.9 alfa somehow in tune with progress.
Is there a mechanism like apt-get update for openplotter or maybe some sync methode to the changes which dont change the personalized settings?

Thanks for all your great work.