This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
moitessier hat - AIS reception varies by power source
A little off topic but does anyone know where I can purchase a moitessier hat online in the US, I've done some searching and can only find European vendors. Thanks Rob
(2019-07-05, 07:29 PM)saltylanguage Wrote: A little off topic but does anyone know where I can purchase a moitessier hat online in the US, I've done some searching and can only find European vendors. Thanks Rob

Hello,
You can only buy the HUT from Sailoog. 
Write him, I can imagine that he can also send it to the USA.
Greetings Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
When will the 4.19 kernel versions for Moitessier hat will be available?
I can find only various 4.14 versions but unfortunately after sudo apt-get upgrade raspi gets upgraded to kernel 4.19 and thereafter moitessier hat is not working anymore.

PS Have not found a straight forward way to downgrade kernel versions in raspi, maybe this would be another solution.
(2019-07-07, 11:02 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: When will the 4.19 kernel versions for Moitessier hat will be available?
I can find only various 4.14 versions but unfortunately after sudo apt-get upgrade raspi gets upgraded to kernel 4.19 and thereafter moitessier hat is not working anymore.

PS Have not found a straight forward way to downgrade kernel versions in raspi, maybe this would be another solution.

4.19.42 has been built some time ago, see here: https://www.rooco.eu/2018/06/13/firmware...ssier-hat/

Those packages are built automatically but the unexpected upgrade to Raspbian Buster broke the chaintool in charge of creating the packages when a new kernel version is released in Raspberry tower. The person in charge of fixing this is on vacation but hopefully this will be fixed again this week.
(2019-07-05, 07:29 PM)saltylanguage Wrote: A little off topic but does anyone know where I can purchase a moitessier hat online in the US, I've done some searching and can only find European vendors. Thanks Rob

You can only buy the hat in our shop in Catalonia, EU. We ship to USA and Canada no problem. Actually most of the Hats are already sailing there. Shipping methods are express or normal postal tracked shipment.
FYI
VAT isn't charged on exports to countries outside the EU. In this case the VAT is paid in the country of import. You will need to provide evidence that the goods were exported to a country outside the EU.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/ta...dex_en.htm
Yes, our shipments comply with all EU and international rules. VAT is the craziest tax in the world.
(2019-07-08, 05:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 11:02 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: When will the 4.19 kernel versions for Moitessier hat will be available?

4.19.42 has been built some time ago, see here: https://www.rooco.eu/2018/06/13/firmware...ssier-hat/

Those packages are built automatically but the unexpected upgrade to Raspbian Buster broke the chaintool in charge of creating the packages when a new kernel version is released in Raspberry tower. The person in charge of fixing this is on vacation but hopefully this will be fixed again this week.

latest kernel as of 4July is 4.19.57 v2 - and after apt-get upgrade hat is not recognized any more. Have checked rooco.eu and also no update available there. (have still not figured out a simple way to revert to previous kernel version - so sorry to get persistent here )
apt-get upgrade can and will break things, its better to only upgrade openplotter when they become available.
(2019-07-17, 10:58 AM)jim321 Wrote: apt-get upgrade can and will break things, its better to only upgrade openplotter when they become available.

good advise but too late now Angry Angry Angry - is there a simple way to revert to previous kernel or am I left with starting from op 1.0 >.... image again?