This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterproof displays
Hello, everybody,
I built the 11" display from waveshare into a housing.
I thought the idea was very good, too. However, it has turned out that these displays are unsuitable for outdoor use. The displays are too dark and the viewing angle is too small.
I think they are good for use in the cabin but not in bright surroundings.
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
thanks for that information!
Hi... picked up a Sony Experia Z2 tablet specifically to run OpenCPN for my sailboat. The nice thing about the Sony is it is the only waterproof tablet that I have heard of. It runs OpenCPN with no problems, and except for direct sunlight, the screen is easily readable. The battery without plugging into a usb charging port is about 5-6hrs keeping the screen on continually and running OCPN.
Is this something that can be used?
https://www.acmesystems.it/CM3-PANEL

It's EUR 99.00 including the CM3L module.

I could not find any info on brightness or if the front is even waterproof, but could parhaps be useful elsewere onboard?