This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seeing compass/IMU data on N2K
(moved this over from CAN-USB Forum)

Very excited about using OP to multiplex several sensors to my N2K bus. I have connected the OP CAN-USB stick to my OP 0.17 running on RPI 3B, and have programmed the PGNs of interest (mainly 127250, HDG) on N2K Generator, and have activated N2K Output. I have observed the correct COMPASS/IMU data being generated from the IMU through the SignalK Diagnostic tab, and I see the correct heading data on the NMEA183 WiFi output. When I connect the CAN-USB stick to the N2K network I see the LED flashing, indicating it's getting input data, but do not see any data on the N2K bus itself (that is, on my Furuno MFD Heading Display). Is there another step I am missing? Is there another way I can verify that OP is sending the correct data onto the N2K bus? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I am now sending and receiving data from OP to N2K bus and back, including the HDT/HDM - 127250 messages I was looking for. Not entirely sure what has changed, but there seems to be some kind of interaction between the various servers such as SK, sensors, N2K, and the CAN-USB function. I am finding that I have to "poke" one or all of these to get all working in harmony...I am hoping that I'll eventually be able to just boot up (headless) and have the data flowing.