This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install the second wifi
Hey,

Forgive my poor English, I do my best, but I think it's not enought Undecided 

I begin with Openplotter and with Raspberry. I try to build my system Openplotter and it' quite not obvius. Difficult to see what's comming from Noobs - Rasbian - Openplotter.
I succed with the GPS, and the DVB-T, oeSenc cards, proud of myself.

I'm blocked with the wifi dongle. I don't find the way to create the wlan1. I think that the materiel is detected because i can see it as cell2 of wlan0. When I modify the interfaces file, it comes back at the reboot (which is not so important, because it dosn't work even modifyed).

Thanks for your help
You do not need to modify any file, you should be able to connect your wifi dongle through the wifi icon upper right on the task bar. Is your wifi dongle raspberry compatible?
Thanks a lot for the quickly answer ;-)

I bought a COMSOFT CF-WU756P, because it has the chipset recommended by the Openplotter doc and it was said to be Linux compatible. When I plug it things append, I can see it in diagnostics tools, but in cell 02 of wlan0. That's why I tried to create wlan1 modifying the interfaces file.
Is it better to buy another dongle, specific for Raspberry?
Just to be less stupid, can you tell me why my modifications of the interfaces file wash away?
(2018-03-21, 12:07 AM)JeanRCA Wrote: Thanks a lot for the quickly answer ;-)

I bought a COMSOFT CF-WU756P, because it has the chipset recommended by the Openplotter doc and it was said to be Linux compatible. When I plug it things append, I can see it in diagnostics tools, but in cell 02 of wlan0. That's why I tried to create wlan1 modifying the interfaces file.
Just to be less stupid, can you tell me why my modifications of the interfaces file wash away?

I had the same problem, bought my adapter from Banggood and it's the same. If I have any news I'll let you know.
(2018-03-18, 12:32 PM)JeanRCA Wrote: Hey,

I begin with Openplotter and with Raspberry. I try to build my system Openplotter and it' quite not obvius. Difficult to see what's comming from Noobs - Rasbian - Openplotter.

I'm blocked with the wifi dongle. I don't find the way to create the wlan1. I think that the materiel is detected because i can see it as cell2 of wlan0. When I modify the interfaces file, it comes back at the reboot (which is not so important, because it dosn't work even modifyed).

Thanks for your help

I had the issue of adding a dongle (Realtek chipset) not able to see my hotspot (Android phone).
I decided to simply use a USB cable and got instantly connected to the internet for doing updates.
Builtin wifi is activated as OpenPlotter AP.
(2018-03-22, 12:53 PM)smssouzajr Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 12:07 AM)JeanRCA Wrote: Thanks a lot for the quickly answer ;-)

I had the same problem, bought my adapter from Banggood and it's the same. If I have any news I'll let you know.

Thanks, I'll do the same here.

(2018-03-22, 01:39 PM)JeroenAdam Wrote:
(2018-03-18, 12:32 PM)JeanRCA Wrote: Hey,

Thanks for your help

I had the issue of adding a dongle (Realtek chipset) not able to see my hotspot (Android phone).
I decided to simply use a USB cable and got instantly connected to the internet for doing updates.
Builtin wifi is activated as OpenPlotter AP.
Hey, what is an "USB cable"?
JeanRCA

Hey, what is an "USB cable"?

I meant a USB data cable between Android phone and Raspberry, because OpenPlotter is ready for USB tethering, internet worked right away.
(2018-03-22, 02:06 PM)JeroenAdam Wrote: I meant a USB data cable between Android phone and Raspberry, because OpenPlotter is ready for USB tethering, internet worked right away.

Thanks a lot, it's an interesting alternative!
Hey,
I bought an another dongle, with "Raspberry" on the box. It works just fine.
However, I don't understand why the file Interfaces comes back to initial after any editing, and how the wlan1 is created, if not in this file.
Since V1.0.0 the complete wifi settings changed (They wouldn't be overwritten on every boot).
The different preinstalled configuration are in the folder /home/pi/.config/openplotter/Network
Some infos can be found here "https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network"
since V1.2.0 there is a new buttom on the Network page to install drivers for the rtl8188eu, rtl8192eu, rtl8812au, 8822bu, mt7610 and mt7612
You can check if your COMSOFT CF-WU756P has one of these chips. Just connect it to your active usb hub and press the buttom "Install drivers".