This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intall OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS on Pi3
[quote='zedoc' pid='5176' dateline='1526610800']
Hi, I only have a mac and pc...and a virtual debian
Can i make a bootable openplotter for my brand new 3B+ without having To buy an older pi? Sad

Yes you can, Intall OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS  to the Raspberry Pi 3B+ system

The hot issue is the WIFI network adapter on theRaspberry Pi 3B+

SO , first inactivate the pi 3B+ wifi network adapte
(There are many articles on how to do this best)

I have learned the hard way, with many attempts, and with many tips from other members here.
Henryl
You can't use the procedure I described earlier as some of the preparatory work needs to be done on a non-3B+ device. Other than getting a .img file from a working 3B+ or borrowing an earlier pi it might be a matter of your waiting until a 3B+ compliant version of OP becomes available.
Or if you like I can send you a microsd card which will boot on a 3B+. It is updated to the latest stable versions of OpenPlotter (0.17.1) and OpenCPN (4.8.4). If you send me a PM with your name and address I can post it to you.