This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper
(2018-04-15, 09:24 PM)Saqqara Wrote: I run the older Nasamarine NMEA wind instrument. 

I have seen what you are speaking about, and with persistence am able to get it working, though I can't remember specifically how. Try configuring manually, rebooting, moving off of a tab and back again to see if what you saved stayed there... and other favorite superstitious rituals. Smile

There's nothing specific to this instrument you need to do.

On my wish list has been a way to reset "dead ahead" by entering in an offset amount in software, so that this adjustment could be made more easily singlehanded or at dockside. I'm not certain how universal this little inconvenience is to wind instruments.

Thanks Saqqara,

Well, if it's only persistence that is needed, then I'm almost done...
Knowing that someone else has succeeded is a fantastic motivator!

I also see that there is a lot of not only persistent but smart people in this forum so i hope that i can get some help, saving my persistence for another day.
Any ideas and hints welcome.

... Is it not possible to just add a few lines directly in the config files in the /dev/ directory like edit the ttyHUB2 file

@Jim, i read through the material on the github autoconfig you gave but see no reference to solving my problem. Lots of GPS and N2K stuff though, but i guess they are not finished yet

Well, here in Sweden we are getting our boats ready for the water ... yessssss!

BR/M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper - by Smartell - 2018-04-16, 12:16 AM