This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper
Saqqara,
Like i said, it is good to have an understanding of what it should look like in a working setup with the NASA system, so i wonder if you could take some screenshots of your "USB Manager" and "NMEA 0183"  tabs? 
If possible could you also give me a hint of how the physical connections are done: The setup i am having has the NASA Clipper tactical wind system with the wired NMEA0183 masttop unit connected to the Sailoog RS422/USB adapter. The output from the NMEA masttop unit is only three cables. V+. NMEA and Earth(=v-) so it is not apparent how to connect this to an RS422 which is balanced. anyway, i hav the green light blinking nicely and the NMEA MWV's visible in the Auto setup so something must be working
BR/M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper - by Smartell - 2018-04-16, 10:24 AM