This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting a bluetooth phone
I'm trying to play with the bluetooth of my fresh RPi 3.
Can I connect my bluetooth phone (a very basic 2G phone  nokia 112) and use it to send/receive SMS ? and how should I do ?
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Yes
http://wammu.eu/phones/nokia/6888/
You need to connect by bluetooth, find out your bluetooth address and select bluephonet or blueobex in connection list.
I have tested only with USB GSM dongles and I can not confirm this will work, so waiting for your test Smile
To Webmaster : Hi, the quote button doesn't work on my home PC, neither the get more smillies function, though I have alloed popup from from the siteany suggestion ? (win7, latest firefox)

To Sailoog :
- I guess the "bluetooth address" is (or should be) the Mac address of the bluetooth peripheral of the phone, is it correct ?
- how/where could I get that information ?
- I tried to connect my 2G phone with bluetooth software of Raspbian (latest version). It did recognized my phone, connected it, but immediately rejected it, displaying : "connection failed, no usable service on this device".
It seems the answer to my previous question regarding connectibility of 2G phones is simply NO ! Sad
I guess  I should retry with a smartphone, but I apparently suffer a kind of allergy to smartphones... We'll see....   Undecided

BTW has someone tested the SMS feature of OP using a "bluetooth connected" smartphone with success ?
Knowing that would help me in defeating my smartphone allergy !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

I believe that the Quote function and more smilies, as well as a couple of other functions, is fixed now. I was missing a couple of jquery files for the template.

Richard
To Vamonos : more smilies seems ok now, but quote is still not working ....
Cordialement
Didier B

(2016-05-23, 09:47 PM)Didier B Wrote: To Vamonos : more smilies seems ok now, but quote is still not working ....

test
I see what the problem is. It's not obvious, but it's the way this forum software works. Once you click the "Quote" button a hyperlink shows up at the bottom of the "Quick Reply" text entry.....the box that I am typing in right now. When you want to include the quoted text, you click the hyperlink that says "Quote these posts now". I don't like the way that works, but I don't know of a way to change it.
(2016-05-23, 10:23 PM)Vamonos Wrote: I see what the problem is.  It's not obvious, but it's the way this forum software works.  Once you click the "Quote" button a hyperlink shows up at the bottom of the "Quick Reply" text entry.....the box that I am typing in right now.  When you want to include the quoted text, you click the hyperlink that says "Quote these posts now".  I don't like the way that works, but I don't know of a way to change it.
OK, I got it ! thanks for your explanations ! Smile

(2016-05-23, 10:39 AM)Didier B Wrote: BTW has someone tested the SMS feature of OP using a "bluetooth connected" smartphone with success ?
Knowing that would help me in defeating my smartphone allergy !

A smal "up" to to recenter the thread Sleepy
Cordialement
Didier B