This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DHT11 temp & humidity sensor 1W setup
Hello all,

I have searched the forums and documentation, but haven't found any specific reference to using the DHT11 1W temperature and humidity sensor with Openplotter.  I'm hoping someone else has tried this and can provide some help.

The DHT 11 sensor I have is mounted to a board providing the pull up resistance, etc and having 3 connections: + - and signal (as pictured on the left in the image below).  I have connected as described in the OP documentation for 1W sensors to GPIO4 (but using 5V as the DHT11 requires 5v (as generally described here: http://www.circuitbasics.com/how-to-set-up-the-dht11-humidity-sensor-on-the-raspberry-pi/ )

When I go to the Openplotter 1W tab and select ADD, I don't see anything in SENSOR ID to select.

Is the DHT11 compatible with Openplotter?

If it is compatible, what am I missing?

Is there a way to debug to see if the sensor is working?

Thanks!

D

[Image: DHT11-Pinout-for-three-pin-and-four-pin-...24x742.jpg]
Playing with the same sensor. Did you get this working?
(2019-01-28, 12:44 AM)OnlyTieBowline Wrote: Playing with the same sensor. Did you get this working?

I was searching for the answer too. The DHT11 doesn't use the Dallas 1-Wire interface I think Openplotter supports. That would be why the OP found nothing coming up when connecting the sensor.

It should be possible to use, but would need work to integrate. Probably easier to find another sensor. If temp only is needed, the DS18B20 is a Dallas 1-Wire interface temp sensor that comes in a useful (waterproof) form factor.