This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raytheon ST1000+ and Pypilot
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my St1000+ working with Pypilot. It's connected to OpenPlotter with a serial to usb converter (the one from sailoog website).

No problem for basic connexion, but i get this error message:

Autopilot errors: no motor controller!

Anyone can help me fix this ?

Thank you !

Attached Files Image(s)

do you have a motor controller?
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/wiki/controller
(2018-06-01, 11:44 AM)jim321 Wrote: do you have a motor controller?

Well... I thought that the pilot itself had his own, as it can work standalone. But you are putting a light on my lack of knowledge about autopilots.

I will need more details about this. For now, what I undertand is that I should not use Pypilot for this precise case, and try to control it via Opencpn, with "regular" nmea sentences.
(2018-06-01, 11:44 AM)jim321 Wrote: do you have a motor controller?
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/wiki/controller

Lifting this good ol' thread. I am about to start digging into Autopilot integration. I have a Raymarine St1000 (yeah - don't even get me started, but I am getting broke so no new - yet...) and I want to use it with Openplotter and OpenCpn, and as I understand it, the logical interface for it is Pypilot. I also want the autopilot to be able to receive N2K commands such as waypoints from my B&G Vulcan. This is accomplished through protokoll conversion in SignalK as I understand it. However, I am uncertain how the whole shebang ties in together and I need some help. I (will) have an MPU9250 attached to my RPI, so that will be in place. 

Do I simply attach the ST1000 to my Rpi with a serial to USB RS232 connector, enable Signal K conversion to NMEA0183 and then what? 
Can I use a simple USB to TTL serial cable like this: https://www.electrokit.com/en/product/ca...3-3v-male/

Also - can I use the Raymarine Autopilot app in Signal K or is that for NMEA2000 only?

I've really TRIED to search the forum for answers, but I am striking out here, so please help. In the long run I would like to be able to create events controlling my autopilot - preferably with as little extra hardware as possible.
ST1000 will only communicate using SeaTalk, the ST1000+ has an NMEA interface as well.

So you need to convert between NMEA and SeaTalk 1.
(2020-02-19, 10:35 PM)northwind Wrote: ST1000 will only communicate using SeaTalk, the ST1000+ has an NMEA interface as well.

So you need to convert between NMEA and SeaTalk 1.

It is a ST 1000+...