This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter RPI v0.8.0 release
Information 
OpenPlotter project is growing fast and it has been a long time since the last stable release so, this is our new Raspbian compilation: 

http://www.sailoog.com/en/blog/download-...r-rpi-v080

It does not fit in a 4GB SD card any more due to the latest needed packages, please use a 8GB SD card. Although the image file is bigger (~4,8GB), the compressed files are smaller because an optimized process.

We are working already in v0.9.0 and the main goal is the complete integration of Signal K and N2K.

Thank you all for your support and contributions!!!
Great!

Is there a possibility to write the image with the Raspberry Pi and a USB cardreader to a second SD card, as I have no other computer here on board?
Download is possible.

Martin
Of course, download, unzip and follow the normal linux steps: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...s/linux.md
(2016-05-24, 09:44 AM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter project is growing fast and it has been a long time since the last stable release so, this is our new Raspbian compilation: 

http://www.sailoog.com/en/blog/download-...r-rpi-v080

It does not fit in a 4GB SD card any more due to the latest needed packages, please use a 8GB SD card. Although the image file is bigger (~4,8GB), the compressed files are smaller because an optimized process.

We are working already in v0.9.0 and the main goal is the complete integration of Signal K and N2K.

Thank you all for your support and contributions!!!
Does this buiild use the latest version of Raspbian so it is easy to make a Backup sd card?  
Yes, I did corrupt an open plotter card and had to start over.  Not really hard, but if I was away from an internet connection, or REALLY busy with other boat stuff, I would want a backup card ready.

And the card size...  Prices of memory drops, and smaller sizes end up costing almost as much.  As manufacturing is refined, raw material cost becomes more important.
(2016-05-24, 03:31 PM)RedPCX Wrote: Does this buiild use the latest version of Raspbian so it is easy to make a Backup sd card?  

Yes, it does.
OpenCPN was working OK in version 7, but with this new version I am getting a lot of crashes ?

Rpi3
OpenGL is enabled.
Happens with all chart types, fastest with Raster charts.

dmesg has lots of errors reported from vc4-drm
Like:
failed to allocate buffer with size 1056768
*ERROR* 0x00000000: packet 112 (vc4_tile_binning_mode_config) failed to validate
[drm]resetting GPU.
Great to have a new op 0.8.0 image - Thanks Sailoog for all your effort!

Just a few observations I made when starting with a new image on my rpi2:
My config needs change of keybord layout in preferences, wlan0 for op10.10.10.1 and wlan1 with fixed IP address.

1. have edited the config.txt file in windows to set wlan0 details and sharing.
2. would be nice to define there also vesselname and MMSI and other op USB settings in config.txt
(Its the easiest way to port personal settings from one system to another - maybe you could enable this in future releases)
3. I wanted to start headless but there is nowhere I could set my fixed IP in the config.txt file, so had to find a HDMI screen. Would be nice to set also the 2nd wlan options in the config.txt file
4. have then booted with a terminal and set my wlan1 details and kb-layout option in menu/preferences.
rebooted with both wlan0 and wlan1 working fine but unfortunately system always come up with "enter password for keyring ..." - entered wlan pw again and system started ok. These entries are however not remembered and need to be entered everytime again on reboot - which makes headless-operation impossible.
In the past (before new img file) this worked fine - did I make any mistakes or forgot to amend some config file entries?
5. Have wlan0 and wlan1 but in the op/wifiAP adresses I see now 4 addresses for each section:
e.g. Multiplexed NMEA 0183:
10.10.10.1:10110
169.254.60.100:10110
192.168.11.110:10110
192.168.11.107:10110
I understand the 1st and 3rd line but where does the 2nd and 4th adress come from?

Thats it for now, will keep testing and thanks again: I am a OP fan Smile
ref my earlier post
4. have then booted with a terminal and set my wlan1 details and kb-layout option in menu/preferences.
rebooted with both wlan0 and wlan1 working fine but unfortunately system always come up with "enter password for keyring ..." - entered wlan pw again and system started ok. These entries are however not remembered and need to be entered everytime again on reboot - which makes headless-operation impossible.
In the past (before new img file) this worked fine - did I make any mistakes or forgot to amend some config file entries?
---------------
found now out, that just rebooting is not enough to remember the reading - I did that several times without improvement. BUT when I shutdown properly and then reboot by switching the rpi on again, this "keyring queries " disappeared and headless operation works fine.

The strange IP addresses (mentioned under 5. above) remains. May have something to do with the order of loads of different wlan settings. Strangely although 10.10.10.1 works fine setting is not updated in the network preferences.
The network-manager still does not show up in remote mode
as it does, when I work local.

To manage/add wifi security settings from remote.
I do this:
1. Left click on network symbol (first in top right corner) select the wifi I want to connect to
2. Then I got a pop up window "Authentication required by Wi-Fi network" and click cancel.
3. open a terminal and enter the command "sudo nm-connection-editor"
4. select the wifi connection I canceled and click edit
5. select tab "General" mark "All users may connect to this network"
6. select tab "WiFi Security" put in password
7. !!! at the end of the password box there is a little icon. I click it and
select "Store the password for all users.
8. save and close

Now I can connect to the wifi network (step 1).
(2016-05-25, 04:42 AM)NahanniV Wrote: OpenCPN was working OK in version 7, but with this new version I am getting a lot of crashes ?

Rpi3
OpenGL is enabled.
Happens with all chart types, fastest with Raster charts.

dmesg has lots of errors reported from vc4-drm
Like:
failed to allocate buffer with size 1056768
*ERROR* 0x00000000: packet 112 (vc4_tile_binning_mode_config) failed to validate
[drm]resetting GPU.

The opengl driver is at experimental stage in raspbian so these crash are expected. I recommend you wait for a stable opengl raspbian release and then we will be able to work with opencpn opengl adaptation.