This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Monitoring
I have dabbled with the INA3221 in v.0.17.1 and tried to do the same in V1, however I fried both the Pi and INA module, having replaced the Pi and a replacement INA3221 on its way, I have started wondering what is the easiest means to measure the 3 batteries separately? INA3221 wasn't displaying a voltage in V1 when it was non-fried...

Also, if I wanted to measure current, I know I would have to use a shunt, but then how would I wire it up?

Can I use a voltage divider with an ADS1115 to measure each battery?

Sorry for all the questions! Spent the last week experimenting but come to a shuddering halt...

Thanks
Look Here.
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...18#pid3118

Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
ADS1115 works great with a voltage divider.

I have used INA219 for current measurement with an external shunt by removing the onboard resistor, adding the wire terminal and hooking it across the external shunt.

There are examples on how to do these things, just google for them. I have often found that image search lets you narrow down to the correct stuff more quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk