This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS USB-Mouse is no longer recognized by OpenCPN
[quote pid='6651' dateline='1533581820']
You do not have to modify default opencpn settings. Remove all your changes there and create only an input: TCP localhost 10110

You need to do nothing in kplex either. Remove all your manual settings.

Assign your GPS in serial tab to GPSD and that is all. Openplotter will send all dat to TCP 10110.
[/quote]

Is this still valid in 2.0? I've added the USB puck in serial, Added to GPSD in connections, and set up input in OpenCPN, yet Opencpn does not receive any GPS data. I have opened the NMEA debug window in OpenCPN and no data is received.

EDITED: (For others to learn from my mistakes - the list is getting long - maybe my own "f.ckup forum")
I have a simple BU-353 USB "puck" for my setup. Adding it as GPSD in serial didn't do me any good - no data was sent to OpenCPN.
BUT by removing it, and adding it as a SignalK connection, everything is grand and dandy and OpenCPN once again receives GPS data. Onward to next challenge!
@Ranur how did you add it as signal K? Just marked it as Signal K in OPenPlotter settings + Added a new SignalK Connection in Signal K Dash with Serial settings and tty0?
(2020-02-06, 12:07 AM)xsashox Wrote: @Ranur how did you add it as signal K? Just marked it as Signal K in OPenPlotter settings + Added a new SignalK Connection in Signal K Dash with Serial settings and tty0?

I do believe i just added it in http://localhost:3000/admin/#/serverConfiguration/connections/ - then again my memory is getting more and more teflonish... :-)