This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Where to start / what's next) sticky post?
Hello there,

I just got OpenPlotter installed and I don't know what to do next. The documentation seems pretty new and pretty much all pages after the configurations steps are empty.

On the home page, there is an exciting list of features but I can't find anywhere explaining how to use these. For example, I want to set temperature sensors for the engine, water detectors for the bilges, pressure sensor, etc that could display in some windows, or inside OpenCPN in a corner but I have no idea where to start.

Are there any "start here", "tutorials", "what's next" sections or pinned posts somewhere that I failed to see? If not, does anyone have good documentation links, websites or tutorials?

I'm sorry if this was asked before and I didn't see it.

Thanks!

Marco
You are right, sorry, we do what we can but our human resources and time are limited.
Next week we want to start with the docs seriously.
Strange, didn't get any notification for answer.

Anyways, thanks! In the meantime however, are there any documentation resources anywhere at all that you would know of?
(2018-06-14, 02:30 AM)NaturalBornCamper Wrote: Strange, didn't get any notification for answer.

Anyways, thanks! In the meantime however, are there any documentation resources anywhere at all that you would know of?

Previous manual covers a lot though some things will be different in v1.0.0

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...n/content/
(2018-06-14, 08:59 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Previous manual covers a lot though some things will be different in v1.0.0

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...n/content/

Thanks friend!
Any idea which version that is for? Can't see it anywhere
v0.17.1
Video 
hi, I use nodered to see data from engine temperature sensors, crankcase, cabin, atmospheric pressure, humidity, etc.
I wrote a basic manual of how to graph the data of the sensors, you can find it in Telegram in openplotter, (sensores node red) is in Spanish, but it can help you.
You can go playing to make your own dashboard.

Saludos

Pinguino has hung the link of the manual.

https://mega.nz/#!8cQGUICS!Zmhk-qxmievH2...VufX0qj7J4

Saludos
Wow thanks a lot, I'm downloading it right now Smile
translated to english

.pdf   Sensores node red OPENplotter (1).es.en.pdf (Size: 1.84 MB / Downloads: 394)