This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI konfiguration
(2018-06-27, 04:00 PM)jim321 Wrote: you should give more info to get help rpi model version of op ect
knowing you have a 3+ would save us a lot of frustration and time..
try to choose client the first choice set & apply reboot then see if you can connect. if so update.
if you want ap+client yes you need an adapter for 3+

I try with Raspberry Pi 3+ and Openplotter v1.0.0. Can not connect my wifi with this configuration.

I would update to 1.0.1 but do not know where I can get the download. Can not use the update without wifi.
Hi, can you connect your pi to a LAN?
regards
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Can not connect to LAN. The only screen I have is on the one on bord.
The update to V1.0.1/V1.0.2 wouldn' t help you to get both (ap and client) working on the internal Rpi3b+. When the raspbian firmware fixes this issue it could work. At the moment this mode does only work on the Rpi3b!!!
So you need an additional wlan stick to get a connection to the internet or you use your smartphone's wifi or GSM (connect it via usb to the raspberry pi and start tethering mode).
(2018-06-27, 10:34 PM)e-sailing Wrote: The update to V1.0.1/V1.0.2 wouldn' t help you to get both (ap and client) working on the internal Rpi3b+. When the raspbian firmware fixes this issue it could work. At the moment this mode does only work on the Rpi3b!!!
So you need an additional wlan stick to get a connection to the internet or you use your smartphone's wifi or GSM (connect it via usb to the raspberry pi and start tethering mode).

Thank you for the information. Something more I do not have to try with the 3 B Plus?
Are you able to run VNC under 3B+?

I cannot get an connection (connection to network error) and wondering about, if it can be the same problem than with the WIFI connection to the marina.

I tried to connect from Ipad to the shown WIFI Network openplotter, got the Password window, filled in, sure it is right and get the failure.
Or other question. Is there somebody who is able to user VNC with a PI 3B+? If yes, which version of the openplotter are you using?
difference 3b /3b+
3b: 2.4 GHz only / working as AP and client (to get a better reach/speed I would prefer a usb wifi device freely positionable)
3b+: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz / working as AP or as client

VNC does work on both. This is standard headless remote control used by many users.

Openplotter imagenetworki does use standard raspbian + standard raspbian modules (hostapd, dnsmasq, bridge-utils) thats all.
It doesn't overwrite individual settings (as 0.10-0.17 did) on every boot.
It doesn't use special network libraries (as 0.10-0.17 used network manager)

Your situation:
- you see openplotter AP on your ipad
- you are connected to openplotter ap
- you can open the signalk dashboard on the ipad (browser address 10.10.10.1:3000)
then you should be able to use realvnc
you need to use realvnc viewer.
https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/download/viewer/
v1.0 changelog
"Removed RDP and x11vnc. Now RealVNC is the only supported system for remote desktop"
I use Realvnc viewer on the ipad.

I see the WIFI openplotter in the configuration für WIFI on the ipad, but can not connect because wrong password or network failure.

On the PI I see only two blue arrows in the top and no wireless interface found. Can not connect to WIFI of Marina because of WIFI fealure in 3+ Firmware e-sailing told me.

On the Realvnc on the ipad I see only no computer. Whrere I can find signalk dashboard. When I fill in the IP in the browser it shows nothing, just tell me he can not connect to the internet.