This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI konfiguration
Quote:I see the WIFI openplotter in the configuration für WIFI on the ipad, but can not connect because wrong password or network failure

That's your problem.
You aren't connected to openplotter. You can set the AP password on the network tab. Default is "12345678".

Quote:On the PI I see only two blue arrows in the top and no wireless interface found.

That's OK. The wireless interface is bound to the AP.
Sorry, can not connect, wrong password again. I changed to my passwort already before. Now I set on the standard 12345678 again and tried after saving. It is shown in the warning that I use the standard WIFI passwort, but cannot connect with it.
try this from terminal

ifconfig
post results from uap0 and wlan0
uap0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 10.10.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.10.10.255
inet6 fe80::ba27:ebff:fe7f:f949 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
ether b8:27:eb:7f:f9:49 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 335 bytes 26680 (26.0 KiB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

wlan0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether b8:27:eb:7f:f9:49 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 9 bytes 1270 (1.2 KiB)
RX errors 0 dropped 1 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 27 bytes 4270 (4.1 KiB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

pi@openplotter:~ $
that looks ok.
it should work..
i have a 3b and not a 3+ so cant test any further.
You choose a network configuration for the 3B but you have a 3B+ why???
Choose one of the three configurations for 3B+!
Sorry, because I do not know that there is a difference in the configuration. I just tried to follow the documentation but was not sucessful. Which are the configurations for 3B+ or where can I find them?

Ok, found in the drop down, do not notice that it means the 3B+, only 3+. I´m on the WIFI openplotter now, but still do not get the client connected to the PI. Get an failure that the server is not connected to internet for the test.
One of the four "RPi3+:" configurations see documentation:
https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network
first picture
So, bin jetzt mit dem AP verbunden und auch im vnc hat alles funktioniert.

Danke für Eure Hilfe!

Serge
So I will continue. Connection of my Multiplexer was easy under Seriell. GPS and AIS-Data running now in OpenCPN.

The thing I want to do now is to bring the wifi stick working. Are there some instructions under openplotter I can follow? I have simple TP-Link Mini Wireless USB Adapter.