This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI konfiguration
(2018-07-10, 05:56 PM)Serge Wrote: I have simple TP-Link Mini Wireless USB Adapter.

Try if it works out of the box. But TP-Link often needs special drivers. Special drivers can cause issues with the AP. Look in other raspberry pi threads how to install special wifi driver. Good luck!
Not working out of the box , butI found the wifi driver to install from a zip file. I cannot do installation in the net because I´m not able to get the pi in the net.

Is there a special folder where I have to put the driver and an command to install them.
Follow the install infos in raspberry pi forum or zp file. Everytime you do a kernel update (standard openplotter update) you have to reactivate the driver!
TP-link mini is not enough info so we can't follow.

If you have an android smartphone you can use this to get an internet connection to marina wifi or gsm. Connect the android smartphone with the usb cable and switch on USB tethering.
If many think that there should be a network setting client + eth0 dhcp (connect to the marina wifi and connect notebook to ethernet port) please let me know.
you could move the file "driver"with a usb drive..
Hello to everyone, happy to continue in this proyect!
I had the same problem with wifi connection. So, I just connected mi raspi 3B with ethernet cable to the router with internet connection, without screen at all, waited half an hour, disconnected and reconnected with out ethernet cable. EUREKA, It seems that the raspi auto updated and satrted running wifi. Then continued with the Starting settings of the manual... updated OpenPlotter... and problem solved.
(Sorry for my canibal english)

AGUR!
Secuaz.
(2018-08-03, 08:19 PM)secuaz Wrote: Hello to everyone, happy to continue in this proyect!
I had the same problem with wifi connection. So, I just connected mi raspi 3B with ethernet cable to the router with internet connection, without screen at all, waited half an hour, disconnected and reconnected with out ethernet cable. EUREKA, It seems that the raspi auto updated and satrted running wifi. Then continued with the Starting settings of the manual... updated OpenPlotter... and problem solved.
(Sorry for my canibal english)

AGUR!
Secuaz.

Hi,
do you have a PI 3 B or 3B+? I think the problem I have is a problem of the 3B+.

Serge
Hello

I am new on RPi and Openplotter (and Linux in general).

I use a headless RPi 3B+ with a windows 10 tablet or alternatively a Windows 10 laptop as a monitor/input device with RealVNC and Openplotter Noobs v1.0.0. over WiFi and this is functioning. I cannot however use an Android tablet because I cannot connect through WiFi (Authentication problem). I mentioned this under bugs report two days ago.

I am drifting here but I would like to know how to connect to the Internet with a mobile phone (GSM, WiFi) by way of a tethered USB. I tried "RPi3+: AP + Client" in Network Mode and "wlan0" for Sharing Internet Device without success. The documentation (Network page) speaks of using "usb0" but that choice seems not to be available. What else could I do?
Hello,

I am setting up a network of RPI 3B+ for my sailing boat.

2nd is client via eth0 of 1st : no problem, wlan0/1 : off (dnsmasq disable)
3rd is client via eth0 of 1st and via wlan0/1 connect to Iridium GO Wifi AP : no problem (dnsmasq disable)

but with the 1st : problem I cannot find a cause and than a solution.

Structure is exactly as shown on picture 2 on https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-x-x/network

In Openplotter/Network :
Network mode is : Rpi3+:AP + client + bridge eth0
Shared internet : wlan0
(dnsmasq enable)

Connexion is ok, but when I try to change the Wifi AP on wlan0, I have only on top right the message "Click here to set Wi-Fi country" and not the list of available AP.

I have to set Network mode to client to have the list and be able to change network and then reconfigure to Rpi3+:AP + client + bridge eth0.

A bit ennoying. Any idea to solve this problem ?

Have a nice day
The raspbian standard wifi settings (in the upper right corner) often won't want to change from one marina to the next one.
If you don't get the connection symbol you can "Turn Off Wifi" and "Turn On Wifi". To get it to work.
If you are connected over the AP use the
bash file /home/pi/.openplotter/Network/restart_wlan0.sh

https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/c...1ca2cdae92

set the wifi country in preferences/raspberry pi configuration/localization
Hi,
Thanks

It work with regiving wifi country each time I wish to change AP

bash file /home/pi/.openplotter/Network/restart_wlan0.sh is not present in the OpenPlotter v 1.2.0 alpha and I do not know hot to update to the last beta version.
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)
DomH