This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions error
I have just loaded version 8 of OpenPlotter. It is my first time using openplotter. I have a new Rpi3 andused the dowloaded iso file.
GPS etc all seems fine.
I thought i would try and test some actions using loss of GPS signal. I set LON to send a messaged when lost and LAT to send a message (to screen) when there has been no message for 5 seconds.  It would seem having lat and long as an action causes an error. The software just deletes the second action and tells me the action is invalid.
Is there a restriction on using the Action commands?

Using openplotter in local AP mode, i am now able to get my navionics on my android to use the boats GPS and send it to the navionics map. This is much better than the cheap GPS in iphone and android tabs.

I am having fun testing the system
I have the 7inch raspery pi3 screen fitted which works well with the exception of double clicks to open opencpn and some functions within opencpn.

Regards
"and tells me the action is invalid" could you be more explicit? where you get this error?
run openplotter in debug mode and try again, any error?
remember to press "apply changes"
Whenever LAT and LON are set to send a message after 5 seconds of signal loss. I get the message "Problem with actions detected. Please check and save again"
I dont know how to switch on debug mode.

To simulate the above error, i just move the usb gps. Its just the puck type openplotter recomends.
After the warning message, i go to actions tab and the LAT action was gone.
I click apply without changing anything and the problem is gone.

I found debug mode. It just said to run openplotter via a terminal.
Same info box popped up. Same message.
No one else having this issue? If not, how is everyone having a message pop up when GPS lock has been lost.
Is there a pythin file i can add a string check on the NMEA string checking for the "valid" character ?
Ops... you are right, something is wrong with Latitude. Whatever operator you apply you get the error. However, all is working right with Longitude. Do you need Latitude for any reason or you could use Longitude to detect GPS signal? You can add as actions as you need to the same trigger (Longitude)

I'm moving this thread to Bugs forum, thanks for reporting!
(2016-06-09, 09:18 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Ops... you are right, something is wrong with Latitude. Whatever operator you apply you get the error. However, all is working right with Longitude. Do you need Latitude for any reason or you could use Longitude to detect GPS signal? You can add as actions as you need to the same trigger (Longitude)

I'm moving this thread to Bugs forum, thanks for reporting!

I don't need Latitude specifically as an action. Because a lot of items fequire these values for calculations, i just wanted to check both. The "V" string would be more useful to check. I am workink on Arduino based instrument display, i will just add "V" to the strings to check and display an error on that in the mean time.
Excellent project (OP) by the way.

I added the lat long check as i noticed the lat and long values would store old frozen values when i covered up the puck/gps. I wanted to just make sure i was getting live values.